DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

Will be happy to pay for this. I've spent more time in the back seat of Gazelles than any other rotary type and it'll be nice to finally sit in the front!

We actually have a very colourful one operating locally - think it's a medical job, but not sure.

It's too small to take a reasonable photo of, but hopefully one day be able to do or request a repaint of the scheme (mostly white, with colourful bands to the rear and tail boom).

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pat01, do you think you could put all the update WIP pictures and videos on the first post so we don't have to scavenge through 66 pages to find stuff? :)

EDIT: sorry didn't realize the question was asked already

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Hey. I'll be happy to pay too. This work of art shouldn't have been free.

Thanks for hard work.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Im not into Helos...... For the time being but i will "invest" in the Gazelle if you guys are really going to do the Horten 229! Its such a fabulous choice, its exactly my cup of tea.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Congratulation

Congratulation for Third party license!

I track project for a long time (C6 Forum)of the first French combat helicopter for DCS so, i'm very exciting and happy for this very good news.:joystick:

Good luck.

PS: Pat 01, do you have information about Airbus license authorization, pls?

They are making a Horten?

Horton hears a who? :pilotfly:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I hoped that the Gazelle would become a complete DCS module one day since I saw it appear in the mod folder, glad that it's becoming reality! Choppers in DCS are just so fun to fly. (Except the Mi-8 *cough*)

Whats wrong with the Mi-8? It flies perfectly.

I'm curious, does that optical gear on top have the ability to lase a target? I ask because RAZBAM's Mirage 2000C is coming along rather nicely, however the variant we're getting will be able to carry LGBs, but not self designate, and I rather like the idea of a French helicopter supporting French aircraft in this way.

Whats wrong with the Mi-8? It flies perfectly.

I think he meant the slow, heavy, bulkiness, not that there is anything wrong with it.

I'm curious, does that optical gear on top have the ability to lase a target? I ask because RAZBAM's Mirage 2000C is coming along rather nicely, however the variant we're getting will be able to carry LGBs, but not self designate, and I rather like the idea of a French helicopter supporting French aircraft in this way.

Not sure if this is possible IRL, not all lasers are equal.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

You could jump into a French Leclerc tank and be JTAC in Combined Arms.

...though a laser designator for any(!) Helicopter would be cooooool as hell! :bounce:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You could jump into a French Leclerc tank and be JTAC in Combined Arms.

...though a laser designator for any(!) Helicopter would be cooooool as hell! :bounce:

I could, but if a Leclerc is on station, he may as well blow it up himself :lol:

...though you can use a Stinger MANPAD or an M113 as they are more common NATO units, not too US only.. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

My PERSONAL problem with the Mi-8 is that I have spend very little time with the module and manage to get a vortex ring stall every single time. The module itself is great, no doubt. Really looking forward to tackle the Gazelle!

It definitely teaches you patience!

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

No buddy lase, just a distance finder

People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters

That video look awesome. The gazelle is definitely the module I am looking forward to the most this year. I hope they can make it multicrew as well!

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

• 2 weeks later...