Heavy flickering inside cockpit

dynasty

Hello,

I have a problem with the graphic settings in DCS P 51.

The graphics in DCS are really great and I didn´t have any problems with DCS world and the SU-25 when testing my system.

I have a i73770 oc to 4,4 with a GTX 680.

Settings ingame are maxed, res. 1920 x 1080.

All graphics are fine in the P51 module except the labels of the instruments on the center bottom and top of the instrument panel. (white letters)

Here I have heavy flickering when moving the plane. The closer I get to the labels the less they flicker.

I wonder how to solve this problem as the rest of the graphic in- and outside of the cockpit is not flickering at all.

The shadows inside of the cockpit are not really sharp too, but I guess that´s normal, isn´t it?

Thanks for you advice!!

"Sharp" shadow is actually unrealistic, so that's both normal and realistic.

Regarding the labels, are you forcing any settings through nVidia profilers etcetera? Flickers on textures like that could be a symptom of bad or conflicting AF (Anisotropic Filtering) settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes, I set most of the features in the nVidia control panel, like AF, AA etc, due to the fact that I had the feeling that the environment (trees etc.) start flickering too when I don´t set these features.

The strange thing is that just the lables are flickering when moving the plane, the rest is fine :(

Regarding shadow: What I meant with not sharp was the stairway look of the shadow edges. But this is basically not a problem really ;-)

Try setting Threaded Optimisation to OFF

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
I think because textures are not with mipmaps, If I'm correct, it is not difficult to convert them. Will look at this as soon as possible.

That would be great if you could. Thanks a lot, Lilkiki.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

• 3 weeks later...