Notice: Keys purchased here can not be used to activate DCS products on Steam! ??

jfri

Several months ago STEAM decided they would no longer merge the keys purchased in the ED store with their database.

Keys purchased in the ED store will not work with a STEAM install the normal way.

There is a way described on these forums to "backdoor" the install and make it work, but this is less than ideal since you can't auto update after.

If you are so inclined, contact STEAM and let them know you would like to see this changed.

Several months ago STEAM decided they would no longer merge the keys purchased in the ED store with their database.

Keys purchased in the ED store will not work with a STEAM install the normal way.

There is a way described on these forums to "backdoor" the install and make it work, but this is less than ideal since you can't auto update after.

If you are so inclined, contact STEAM and let them know you would like to see this changed.

Which thread describes this ? I see the products being sold as DLC on steam to significantly higher prices than here. Maybe they hope to seel them and don't wan't us to buy here.

Shouldn't there be another way that is to install DCS outside steam ? Maybe it's possible to have two installations ?

Shouldn't there be another way that is to install DCS outside steam ? Maybe it's possible to have two installations ?

Yes, and yes.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

With the Holidays coming up, I would bet on sales, both here and on Steam, within the next six weeks.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Which thread describes this ? I see the products being sold as DLC on steam to significantly higher prices than here. Maybe they hope to seel them and don't wan't us to buy here.

Post From Wags:

7 June 2014

Dear all,

We learned from Valve/Steam that they will be unable to continue merging DCS keys purchased outside of the Steam Store. As such and as of today, please note that any keys purchased outside of the Steam Store can no longer be used to activate DCS products on Steam.

We will be working with Steam to merge all keys purchased prior to today. We can make no promises as to when or if this will happen though… that is out of our hands.

Please note though that keys purchased on the Steam store will work on DCS World downloaded from the DCS Store.

Thanks

Steam FAQs:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113587

As for Future Sales.

Steam's Holiday Sale starts on the 26ths, DCS Modules May or May not be part of it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs