Crash Reporting

Revelation

Since the thread is closed that was created by Panzertard and I wanted to add my 0.02 if you will allow.

When crash reporting it is imperative to provide as much detail as possible. When participating in the beta for DCS A-10C the community helped in trying to replicate errors that were reported to help ED discover the culprit and eventual fix. Let's hope the community keeps this up!

Also be sure to includ in your post detailed specifications as to your hardware, software and driver version. I know that DxDiag gives a lot of that information but the community in general may not be wiling to dig through it.

So be sure to post your specs so that we can all help each other thus helping ED.

Example:

Trying to takeoff in foul weather, game crashes when getting above low cloud base. Taking off from Batumi; crash occurs everytime at Batumi, at other airports there are no issues.

Win7 64Bit SP1

intet 2700K (not overclocked)

8 Gb ram

240 Gb Crucial SSD

Nvidia GTX 580 (dr v. 296.10)

Wharthog HOTAS

Beta #1 (full install or upgrade via patch) (obviously that later is for later beta releases)

Anti virus software (running, disabled, game mode)

Windows VAC

Installed with administrator privileges?

That's a quick run down of things that I could think of. There are so many things that can effect the stability of your game/sim so let's help by taking some of the guesswork out of it.

• Like 2

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...