Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

VEAO Simulations Ltd, London, 22nd April 2014.

VEAO Simulations are pleased to announce that we are in contract to develop the “DCS Warbirds Collection” for the DCS World flight simulator.

For the first iteration, the following aircraft modules are being developed:

HA-112 Hispano Buchon

Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV

F8F-Bearcat

Curtiss P-40F

All aircraft will have the External Flight Model (EFM) and Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM) to DCS fidelity standards. As with all of our modules, we will develop these aircraft to military specifications.

The modules in the collection will be released separately, as they are developed, and will be sold for $39.99 each.

We expect the first module to be ready at the end of this year (Q4 2014) with the remaining modules expected for release up to Q2 2015.

Future aircraft in the collection are being discussed, as well as terrain maps, and further details will be announced at an appropriate time.

A separate team is working on these modules which will not affect development of any current module.

We would like to thank the Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics for their continued support, as well as you, the community, for the overwhelming support you give us.

Chris and the VEAO team.

• Like 2
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... That is just awesome news!

Apart from the Buchon, every single one of these birds makes me drool already.

There is nothing wrong with the Buchon ;) Great little aeroplane.

integration with DCS 1944 possible?

and as an edit: this is GREAT news!

I dont see any reason why not, the information we have is that they should be perfectly compatible.

Pman

There is nothing wrong with the Buchon ;) Great little aeroplane.

I dont see any reason why not, the information we have is that they should be perfectly compatible.

Pman

Don't worry, mate. I'm popping the champagne already. :D

About the Buchon: it's just a matter of personal taste. I'm in an unconditional love with British and American aircraft, that's all.

Still, I hope one of the 3rd party companies will have the balls to make us a B-17 someday.

Don't worry, mate. I'm popping the champagne already. :D

About the Buchon: it's just a matter of personal taste. I'm in an unconditional love with British and American aircraft, that's all.

Still, I hope one of the 3rd party companies will have the balls to make us a B-17 someday.

The problem with a B-17 or the like is the sheer complexity of the aircraft, it really is an aircraft where you need live access to them to be able to pick apart its workings etc. I am not an expert on AFM coding but from what I have seen the code needed for 4 engines etc is mind boggling.

Never say never, we may move onto bombers when this initial batch is finished.

Pman

The problem with a B-17 or the like is the sheer complexity of the aircraft, it really is an aircraft where you need live access to them to be able to pick apart its workings etc. I am not an expert on AFM coding but from what I have seen the code needed for 4 engines etc is mind boggling.

Never say never, we may move onto bombers when this initial batch is finished.

Pman

I think A2A did a decent enough job with their B-17 add-on for FSX. Like you said: anything's possible.

I think A2A did a decent enough job with their B-17 add-on for FSX. Like you said: anything's possible.

I'm not going to start a FSX vs DCS debate but all I will say is that we want to make all our simulators military grade in their level of detail, We couldnt do that in FSX.

Pman

Congrats VEAO team, everybody is on the WW2 train today, and modern aviation is slowly fading away from the sim market. If you can't beat them, join them! Maybe I'll try some of these WW2 props also, but my heart will always be with the fast jet modern aviation.

Congrats VEAO team, everybody is on the WW2 train today, and modern aviation is slowly fading away from the sim market. If you can't beat them, join them! Maybe I'll try some of these WW2 props also, but my heart will always be with the fast jet modern aviation.

Oh dont worry, we will still have our hat full of modern jets ;)

Pman

Excellent news! Would you consider a Hurricane in the future?

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Is it too early to beg for a Lysander :P ?

By all means, I encourage people to let us know what they want to fly, that doesnt mean that we will do them all! but if there is strong enough demand who are we to argue?

Excellent news! Would you consider a Hurricane in the future?

All Im going to say is refer to Chris' quote

Future aircraft in the collection are being discussed, as well as terrain maps, and further details will be announced at an appropriate time.
;)

Pman

Excellent news, it will make dcs WW2 experience more complete, although im one of those with primary interest for fast modern jets, i really want the Typhoon module and while i wait i will get my hands on the Hawk. Thankyou very much Ells,Tango,Pman and all Veao teams for making DCSW even more interesting!:pilotfly:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I still want the Lanc Pete, come on, get with it....

(I'm typing as a consumer here, not a developer...hehe)

How about a go between and something like the Gloster E.28, Meteor or Vampire??

They would be fun to do as well.

And then of course we get into the Me 262 and He 162's...

Oh did I just type that out loud....what a tease...hehe

And as Pete said, plenty of fast jet's in the line up too ;)