Real JDAM procedures in DCS anyobody? ;-) Some questions about JDAM.

macieksoft

How exactly transfer alignament looks like in real A-10C?

Is there anybody who follow this procedure even when its not modelled? (INS precission is not even modelled in DCS, INS in game is perfectly precise).

Is it possible to use JDAM toss bombing in game?

Is there in reality any MFCD page that shows such things like JDAM BIT test resoults, some things related with encrypted GPS, JDAM's INS precission ETC?

Is there in reality a thing that allows for pre planned JDAM delivery like in F-16 or F/A-18?

Is airburst fuze modelled in game?

Edited by macieksoft

DCS A-10C is only for enthertaiment??? Not for me.

JDAM manual is classyfied??? Not for me.

Lies sounds like a truth??? Not for me.

Knowlege is for kids??? Nope, its for me.

As far as I know the JDAM is one of the most undermodeled weapons in the DCS A-10C arsenal, lacking many features. Its pretty much what you see is what you get, and what you get is something much less sophisticated in terms of its simulation of the real thing compared to say the GBU-12 in this sim.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

That's probably classified.

Is there anybody who follow this procedure even when its not modelled? (INS precission is not even modelled in DCS, INS in game is perfectly precise).

No, it isn't. Probably because you're tossing it out of an A-10C ;)

Is there in reality any MFCD page that shows such things like JDAM BIT test resoults, some things related with encrypted GPS, JDAM's INS precission ETC?

That's another one of those things that might be classified (or at least not available to the public - ie. proprietary information)

Is there in reality a thing that allows for pre planned JDAM delivery like in F-16 or F/A-18?

AFAIK not for the version of A-10C that is modeled in game. Possibly not for any of them.

No.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Transfer alignment isn't a "procedure" you follow, it's an automated process that occurs when you command a weapon release.

No. But then it isn't really in real life either. And apart from in VERY specific tactical situations toss deliveries are not used or advised for JDAM as they actually reduce the weapons range and performance. Maximum range and effectiveness is achieved by employing JDAM for a medium/high altitude level release.

Yes.

Not in the A-10C. The A-10C uses the JDAM TOO functionality only.

As stated already, no.

The DCS JDAM shares little more than its visual appearance with the real JDAM weapon system.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

That's another one of those things that might be classified (or at least not available to the public - ie. proprietary information)

In classyfied (secret) manual for F/A-18 this MFD screen is unclassyfied HAHA

Im not sure how about A-10.

Looks like all MFD screens are (U) so unclassyfied i hope its same for A-10C.

There are also some classyfied info about loft delivery at page 4-9 chapter 4 so thats why i asking for loft delivery. I cannot post the quote from this (S) because wags will ban me but u can find this secret manual without problems :-)

Its strange that some commonly know things are still (S). Look at Page 4-11 4.4.2.2 Battle Area Interdiction. Those informations are (S) but commonly known its strange.

And there are also some interestning (S) things about GPS denied drop with INS only guidance. Especially while GPS is jammed. Fun (S) fact is that EA-6B can carry JDAM and you must mind it while using GPS jamming.

In classyfied (secret) manual for F/A-18 this MFD screen is unclassyfied HAHA

Im not sure how about A-10.

Looks like all MFD screens are (U) so unclassyfied i hope its same for A-10C.

There are also some classyfied info about loft delivery at page 4-9 chapter 4 so thats why i asking for loft delivery. I cannot post the quote from this (S) because wags will ban me but u can find this secret manual without problems :-)

Its strange that some commonly know things are still (S). Look at Page 4-11 4.4.2.2 Battle Area Interdiction. Those informations are (S) but commonly known its strange.

And there are also some interestning (S) things about GPS denied drop with INS only guidance. Especially while GPS is jammed. Fun (S) fact is that EA-6B can carry JDAM and you must mind it while using GPS jamming.

Even if you know (or think you know) about classified information, its not a good idea spreading the word around.

A lot is classified about the JDAM, and some information are not. MFCD pages are one of those things that are on the border between open information - while a lot of weapon/electronic warfare pages are classified.

The best thing to avoid getting near the borderlands, is to not play with the fire. Just because you can find it on Google, does´nt mean that its legal.

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

"

And i need my LMAV back, otherwise i will tell USAF all about this illegal implementation and possible hidden datalink features."

Nurse!!! He's out of bed again. :music_whistling:

Edited by weeb
missed something

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

"

And i need my LMAV back, otherwise i will tell USAF all about this illegal implementation and possible hidden datalink features."

Nurse!!! He's out of bed again. :music_whistling:

LOL.........For Real.......I did.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Even if you know (or think you know) about classified information, its not a good idea spreading the word around.

A lot is classified about the JDAM, and some information are not. MFCD pages are one of those things that are on the border between open information - while a lot of weapon/electronic warfare pages are classified.

The best thing to avoid getting near the borderlands, is to not play with the fire. Just because you can find it on Google, does´nt mean that its legal.

It is legal because i do not distributing it and i am not American.

American law is only inside USA while i never been in USA and i don't want to go there so don't worry about me.

EW is one of most classyfied things and there are some interestning informations about EA-6B jammers.

But i found that about 95% or even more informations are (U).

And those that are (S) are mostly about use of this weapon on battlefield reather than technical informations and of course about deconflictation with ECM.

So looks like that JDAM itself is not classyfied so much and most interestning and most valuable informations are unclassyfied including all F/A-18 MFD pages for JDAM.

Some of them are reather well known as information about use in BDA and lack of capability to engage moving targets.

But this thread is not about law, anyway even ED is scared by law so we should not talk about law here. I saw too much panic is some threads so its better for all to do not start a panic again.

This thread is about real JDAM vs DCS JDAM.

So another question:

What is minimum altitude of JDAM? And is the INS only phase of flight modelled in game?

If you think that i lie please learn how to use google ;-)

Quote below is UNCLASSYFIED:

Whenever the weapon is powered, the aircraft transfers necessary navigational data to allow the weapon to erect and

align its internal navigation system to a fine degree. The weapon does not attempt to acquire GPS data while attached to the

host aircraft. This transfer alignment procedure includes threshold aircraft maneuvering to generate the required navigation

solution in the weapon. The weapon reports navigation system quality and subsystem health to provide feedback sufficient

to support tactical decisions regarding weapon employment. The aircraft computes and displays valid launch regions and

associated cues to assist the pilot in obtaining a release solution. The host aircraft provides appropriate manual and/or

automated modes of weapon release.

I am not good in english but for me it looks like that you must maneuver the aircraft to let the JDAM align its INS.
Edited by macieksoft

It is legal because i do not distributing it and i am not American.

American law is only inside USA while i never been in USA and i don't want to go there so don't worry about me.

EW is one of most classyfied things and there are some interestning informations about EA-6B jammers.

But i found that about 95% or even more informations are (U).

And those that are (S) are mostly about use of this weapon on battlefield reather than technical informations and of course about deconflictation with ECM.

So looks like that JDAM itself is not classyfied so much and most interestning and most valuable informations are unclassyfied including all F/A-18 MFD pages for JDAM.

Some of them are reather well known as information about use in BDA and lack of capability to engage moving targets.

But this thread is not about law, anyway even ED is scared by law so we should not talk about law here. I saw too much panic is some threads so its better for all to do not start a panic again.

This thread is about real JDAM vs DCS JDAM.

So another question:

What is minimum altitude of JDAM? And is the INS only phase of flight modelled in game?

If you think that i lie please learn how to use google ;-)

Quote below is UNCLASSYFIED:

I am not good in english but for me it looks like that you must maneuver the aircraft to let the JDAM align its INS.

Its not cool knowing classified information. Its only cool to be authorized to know classified information.

On the other hand, why are you asking us questions if you got the proper documents yourself? I don´t care if you sit on secret documents, and I´m not worried about you at all. Most likely CIA or the Polish Police won´t knock on your door, but you should still know that if you comit a crime against any nation, they have the right to warrant an extradite.

The other thing is that you are asking about the DCS JDAM features - which you have been given answers on. So I still don´t see your point to include in your posts that you have classified information on your PC. It isn´t worth anything in the DCS Community anyway.

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS