Suggestion: Make a gift certificate available in the store!

Boris

Seeing as the holiday season is coming along, many will want to get some DCS products for christmas.

To make things easier for spouses, partners, friends and family members, why not make a gift certificate available that can be purchased in the online store and printed.

The gift certificates could have a monetary value with a code that can be used in the store on any product(s). You could for instance offer 20$, 40$, 60$, 100$ vouchers etc...

This would also allow the gifting of a DCS present even if a person already owns all modules, as credit can be used on products coming out later down the line.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Even I prepared my gifts "stock" I have to admit that your ideea is even better. Sending a product from my account to another does not change the ownership of it but only the binding (user which can use it at that moment). I can anytime later to unbind again the gifted module and redistribute it. While this is a very good option and have to stay like this, Boris's ideea with a money value voucher could be also a great addition which might be used in different circumstances.

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Gift Certificates are the way to go. With Christmas around the corner my family want ideas for gifts for me. I would likely have all of the aircraft by now if gift certificates were available. A real opportunity exists here to sell more aircraft. Prepaid cards accounted for over $200 billion in the United States in 2014, per Forbes magazine. DCS you are missing out on a real opportunity to increase sales. Take it from an old retailer, gett'r done!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, I'd have my wife buying gift certificates so fast your head would spin.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

• 2 weeks later...

YES! Fix this system...there should be no penalty for buying your friend a module...I have a friend who bought Nevada for a buddy...and it worked for months. Now it's not working! There is two copies of Nevada and two people here...do the Math ED!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

you can gift keys by contacting ED support via this link

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/?add=Y

make sure you choose the correct section and give all the relevant information

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
Here's just me playing devil's advocate: If the intended recipient doesn't want DCS/modules/campaigns/maps that's a mighty awkward moment if you're not 100% sure that they want something from ED.

Just get one of those Visa/MC/whatever gift credit cards and suggest that DCS might be the way to go in the card or something like that...

Yes, the universal gift certificate, cash, has been around for a long time and is still the best way to give. That said, if ED wants to make it and people want to buy it then great.

Edited by Rangi
Commas

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.