Crash Crash Crash! DCS World

Steelbreaker

DCS world keeps crashing.

I start a mission with the BS2 and 5 minutes in Crash!.

Checked all the 3GB options on XP also so its not a memory problem.

Multi-player crash after a few minutes when I get into a server, otherwise most of the time crashing in the load up screen.

BS2 stand alone is ok, but there are some nice tweaks in DCS World for the bird, its so frustrating.

The SU25 T seems to run ok most of the time, but still crashes.

I am not going for the A10-C because of this problem with DCS World.

I want to get into the game in more Depth, is there anything I can do I have not seen or missed on the forums.

I have been searching them for last few days, and I appreciate many people are getting similar issues.

But there still seems to be quite a few players online having a good time while I spend most of my time bloody reloading DCS World.

AARRRRRRRGH :cry:

I feel your pain. I can't even fly DCS World in the A-10. Crashes 100% of the time on mission load. I'm waiting on a response from the developers and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

In your directory, there are crash log files. You might want to upload the text of one to your message in case someone from the company or another knowledgeable person takes a look at your message.

Instrument and multi-engine rated pilot

SAR pilot with US Air Force Auxillary / Civil Air Patrol, Colorado Wing

• ED Team

I was having issues as well however I sorted mine out by providing systems specs, and crash logs and finally worked the problem.

If you want to get to the bottom of your problems check out your crash logs, windows event view logs and provide as much info as you can so the community can help you. :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Luck or what!?

Guys

Thanks for your replies

I dont know if this is sods law, well it must be.

I decided to lower all the settings in DCS World, and loaded the FAM flight in BS2

And the bloody thing never crashed, lol

I will try to tweak it up a bit and see if its still ok

will let you know.

Just for info

Windows XP, 3.4ghz Dual Core, 3GB DDR2, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 550Ti

Will look at getting them logs pasted up

Fingers crossed.

O and by the way when I loaded up DCS World tonight.

I went to start and clicked update DCS World, there never seemed to be any update, and it started the game.

Maybe that's got something to do with it ?

Lets see:joystick:

Back to crash this morning

Wanted to let you guys know how it went.

Stayed on line with no issues last night.

And come this morning its crashing again.

This is very unusual.

It was in the SU25T this morning and last night was ok with BS2 so will see if that makes a difference.

• ED Team

have a look at your crash logs

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

and also windows event viewer for the issue

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just reporting in.

The game constantly crashes when I try to get online, this is just unacceptable in this era of gaming.

I know its not my system, or internet connection, as I have many title that I regularly play online with no issues what so ever.

Until I see a patch or update with fix that fixes this most annoying issue.

I firmly keep my wallet in its place, with a little regret as want to get the A10-C

Cmon ED sort it out.

Its the sad reality of multiplayer at the moment unfortunately. The only types of missions that seem to work OK, are simple missions with less than 10 players (that all join at seperate times), and no CBUs. There doesn't seem to be as much complaining around here as their used to be, I think that is because a lot of people are starting to give up.

I am just living in hope that a dedicated server program is just around the corner that will solve everyone's problems, and those 32+ player games with all aircraft types that people have been dreaming of can become a reality.

Stable dedicated server + TARS with CA functionality = the dream that keeps me playing this.

Edited by Kaiza
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Absolutely.

I hope the same thing.

But should I be hoping for that, when DCS World is meant to be just that?

Its something that should already be sorted.

who cares if you have all the modules in one application, when you can play them individually, this is the whole point of DCS World, so all players and all modules can fly in the same world and have some awesome battles, surely.

If they wanted it to be a launcher I would never of bothered with the download, and wouldnt of wasted my time.

Anyway I have pasted below one of my crash infos, its not a log but hope a dev will make some sense of it, if thier not busy designing new aircraft for a faulty multi-player application:huh:

:helpsmilie::pilotfly:

AppName: dcs.exe AppVer: 1.2.1.6288 ModName: ngmodel.dll

ModVer: 1.2.1.6288 Offset: 0000ff38

I think it might be worth it to follow the advice given already and post actual crash logs from DCS.

Use the code tags when you post the logs

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Anyway I have pasted below one of my crash infos, its not a log but hope a dev will make some sense of it, if thier not busy designing new aircraft for a faulty multi-player application:huh:

:helpsmilie::pilotfly:

AppName: dcs.exe AppVer: 1.2.1.6288 ModName: ngmodel.dll

ModVer: 1.2.1.6288 Offset: 0000ff38

Having regard to the fact that your PC/system does not meet the recommended requirements for the SIM might be indicative of the cause of the crashes you are experiencing. In order to start investigating properly we need your log files as contained in your Saved Games folder.

The easiest way would be to delete the contents of your log folder as it is at present. Run the SIM and when it crashes again, copy your entire Saved Games/DCS/Logs folder and paste onto another convenient location. Archive the folder with WinRar or similar folder and upload to the forum or a third-party hosting site and post the link.

Without these log files there is very little anybody can do to investigate the issue. We certainly cannot do anything with what you posted thus far.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Viper you obviously have a system that meets the recommended requirements for the title, I have more than the minimum requirements stated so wheres the point in that statement.

The software and its multi-player platform should not have exploits discriminating against systems not meeting the recommended requirements, thus making ED sound like a joke.

:music_whistling:

I have more than the minimum requirements stated so wheres the point in that statement.

You were looking for answers - they may very well lie there, what with a system that does not meet the recommended requirements, although without the logs which we are still waiting for we are none the wiser. It's not discrimination, it's fact. The requirements are listed on the main site. If there was no need for a distinction between minimum and recommended then why would ED bother listing them in the first instance?

Now would you please post them so we can properly investigate the issue.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ok.

I hear what you are saying.

Thing is I have never heard of system requirements interfering with the software and its ability for the user to participate in online play, maybe frames etc, but not constant crashes.

maybe its the fact that the program is running 32 and 64bit OS.

I am just so frustrated by the this at the moment.

I will try and get the logs copied but I am not 100% sure on how to do it.

Thanks anyway

Death by Iphone, my missus plugged her Iphone into my PC while I was in a mission to hit some artillery the result was a game crash and ending to the campaign. End report showed player SUBS destroying all the ground units with GBUs 12/10 on static objects when I had not dropped anything and was not carrying GBUs. To add to the chaos the end of the campaign was not cool. lol

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

DCS runs better on 64-bit Windows, that's just the way it is. ED should make 64-bit OS's a minimum requirement. (and even drop XP support, it's more than 11 years old now)

Anyhow, without those crash logs, you can't expect anyone to magically find out what is causing those crashes.

• 1 year later...
You should probably start your own thread instead of bringing back a 2 year old one, but anyways, what are your specs, and have you tried running all the steps here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114431

:music_whistling:

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.