Sorry to be a complete NooB

Could somebody help me please - i am looking for a good tutorial on how to create a mission in LOFC 1.12a.

I know there will be plenty of stuff around but what i am looking for i have not been able to find so far.

I want to create a mission whereby the objective is to fly around from one airbase to another (with plenty of AI Aircraft and vehicles within the vicinity of the airbases that you will visit and take off from)

No killing or maiming - just taxing, taking off, flying around a bit of airspace, asking for permission to land (INBOUND).

I know this might sound a little weak - but starting out with Mission Editor.

I also would like to know how to set weather conditions and can you change weather conditions within a mission i.e. start off with sun then change to cloudy and rain

Thanks for any advice given

cheers

sumoscouse out :alien:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=15869

sumoscouse - check out this thread regarding movies by IronHand that introduce you to the Mission Editor. They are very nicely done as you would expect from IronHand - he goes through everything at an easy pace. First few minutes are for total complete n00bs (which I know you are not as you've been around a while so you will have to be patient). Well worth the time to watch them - I'm sure they will save you a bunch of wasted time if you just jumped into the ME and floundered around.

As G_A said you get the same weather all over the map. However you can get some nice effects at sunrise and sunset with a little effort. Of course you only get rain BELOW the cloud level, so if you put in low clouds and fly in the mountains you effectively get different weather as you fly higher into the mountains. Also careful use of fog/mist in hilly terrain can give a nice effect with lower valleys being totally full of fog, higher ones being fog free and some being partly filled.

You should feel free to check out how the expert mission designers make their airfields come alive by judicious use of static objects and a few moving vehicles. One of the top people at this is a guy called MBot - check out his stuff eg Urban Thunder using the Mission Editor and see how he does it without killing the FPS with too many units.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=120&lid=389&ttitle=LockOn_FC_MissionPack_by_MBot#dldetails

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....