Trim Problem in Multiplayer

KAN

I have a weird trimming problem which happens in multiplayer only and I'm clueless as to why this problem does not take place in single player but only in multi. :confused:

As you know, when you trim in this game, the center point of the joystick is altered if you do not have ffb joysticks... When you have a ffb joystick, trimming actually "moves" the stick to the direction of trimming and thus easing out the force applied to the stick... Correct me if I'm wrong please but as far as I know, this is the realistic way isn't it? I mean I know that most of you would say ffb joysticks are unrealistic because in FBW aircrafts you wouldn't have a shaking for the flight stick etc... , but doesn't trimming also work this way in FBW aircrafts? (so this makes ffb joysticks realistic in this issue?) I mean in RL when you trim, does the nose of the aircraft rise without the stick moving at all? Correct me if I am wrong about this please.

Anyway, if I don't play online, trimming only moves my stick therefore easing out the force I apply to fly level but in multiplayer the aircraft gets trimmed as if I'm not using a ffb joystic and PLUS the stick moves... So it becomes very hard for me to make minor adjustments. :/

Why does this happen in multiplayer and is there a fix?

I mean in RL when you trim, does the nose of the aircraft rise without the stick moving at all? Correct me if I am wrong about this please.

This is the point of trimming.. when you trim up your plane's nose will "dipp" go down, and when you trim down your planes nose will go up.. without having to move your flight stick.

Not sure if i understand your point of your stick moving.. ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The way I knew it in real life was like this:

• You go at say 500 km/h in level flight and the stick is centered
  • You reduce the speed to say 350 km/h and you need to pull back and hold the stick not to lose altitude and fly level. (AoA will increase)
  • In order to "ease" the force you are applying you trim the aircraft. If you trim perfectly, when you take your hands off, the stick will remain at that position (remember you pulled it and held it there) and the aircraft will fly level. In order to achieve this the stick of course needs to move in slow bits when you are trimming.

Am I wrong about this?

I think you are missing my point.

What I am trying to say is, the stick MOVES in the direction of trimming (in real life) correct? Thinking about the previous example I have written, the only way to model trimming for non-ffb joysticks is this:

• You go at say 500 km/h in level flight and the stick is centered
  • You reduce the speed to say 350 km/h and you need to pull back and hold the stick not to lose altitude and fly level. (AoA will increase)
  • Then you trim the aircraft, now, if you have a non-ffb joystick you need to slowly "return" the joystick to the center again so that you can fly "hands off".

But what I am saying is in real life, first you pull the stick to keep flying level (assuming you are reducing the speed) then trim, and then the trimming "forces" the stick to remain at THAT position which you pulled and then you can fly hands off and the stick will stay at the position that you pulled and NOT its natural center position. This is also exactly how it works when I am not online with my ffb joystick.

Of course this is impossible to implement for non-ffb joysticks, but Lomac models this for ffb joysticks. My problem is, it only works in single player. When I go online the trimming effects are like I am using a non-ffb joystick.