MiG-21Bis Dynamic Campaign: Guardians of the Caucasus

MBot

So wait, what exactly does the new DCS update mean for this campaign? I thought we didn't have any ground u its that were going to be spawned? Unless that means the SAM sited as well. I'm not sure anymore, someone help >_<

With the most recent version of DCS, you cannot currently play the campaign in coop (because spawning the SAMs for the clients will cause a crash). Playing alone (either SP or hosting for just yourself) works. Personally, I reverted to the previous DCS version in order to continue playing coop.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the most recent version of DCS, you cannot currently play the campaign in coop (because spawning the SAMs for the clients will cause a crash). Playing alone (either SP or hosting for just yourself) works. Personally, I reverted to the previous DCS version in order to continue playing coop.

Ah, okay.

You're a genius btw and I love you.

Interpret that however you want to :smilewink:

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

regarding the modified lua file under script folder, can we create a script folder under saved games/dcs/, and then paste and modify the original missionscript.lua there?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

regarding the modified lua file under script folder, can we create a script folder under saved games/dcs/, and then paste and modify the original missionscript.lua there?

Frankly I don't know, it might be worth a try.

Would it be possible to have the ai mig 21's spawn at different areas of the airbase? It would be neat to see them taxi to the runway before they take off.

I wanted to do this and actually coded it, but a bug causes AI aircraft to always spawn at the same spots anyway.

Also the weather never changes, is it supposed to?

You have to adjust the weather manually in the mission editor according to the settings described in the last debriefing. Unfortunately changing weather is outside the control of scripting.

Amazing work :) Is there any plans to add ground combat mode? Example Nato invades and you need to hunt down A-10s and other CAS aircrafts and do some AG missions? :)

No such plans for this campaign. I am currently exploring concepts for player A-G missions for future campaigns though.

Apart from the technical challenges of ground warfare, there are also severe limitations with the current Caucasus map. In a Cold War time frame (and this is my passion), there is simply no NATO territory modeled (other then empty wasteland). Even the Soviet side of the border area is not modeled with sufficient fidelity for any air-ground missions. I know that this is not of much concern for many, simply giving NATO some bases in the USSR, but historical authenticity is very dear to me.

Hello,

I tried the campaign with another buddy yesterday but everytime I would unpause the game his DCS would crash (I was hosting, MissionScripting.lua modification was done and the .miz was in \Saved Games\DCS\Missions).

After a few attemps I hosted a simpler MiG-21 missions instead, without a problem on his side except a crash after 1 hour.

We didn't go through all the investigations yet but maybe someone had this problem already?

Later I'll try to provide better info about this (client configuration, mods, logs, etc)

Many thanks,

P

Nothing wrong on your part PiedDroit. The current DCS version has a bug that causes clients to crash everytime a ground unit is spawned. You can revert your DCS version to the previous release or wait until the next DCS update, which will hopefuly fix this. This is affecting only coop, singleplayer is still working.

Excellent mission MBot. This is a ground breaking mission that is truly revolutionary. When many official voices said that a dynamic campaign was impossible or simply not worth the effort, leave it to an amateur modder like yourself to give flight sim veterans like myself something that we have been wanting for years: a dynamic campaign in DCS. The execution, progress saving, and procedural debriefings are incredible.

My squadron has been flying this every Sunday for the past few weeks as an event. We noticed one problem: Sometimes when we press F10 > Confirm End > End Mission, the mission does not actually end and nothing happens. We are using the older version of DCS v1.2.14.357 to work around the unit creation problems of the latest version. Any reason why this is happening? Thanks again MBot.

Habu

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My squadron has been flying this every Sunday for the past few weeks as an event. We noticed one problem: Sometimes when we press F10 > Confirm End > End Mission, the mission does not actually end and nothing happens. We are using the older version of DCS v1.2.14.357 to work around the unit creation problems of the latest version. Any reason why this is happening? Thanks again MBot.

Yes, this seems to be a DCS bug where F10 commands are screwed up when missions are reloaded. You can avoid this by completely shut down the server (including quitting the MP environment) before starting a new mission. Since doing this, I have never encountered the problem again. This problem only applies to MP by the way, no issues at all in SP.

Yes, this seems to be a DCS bug where F10 commands are screwed up when missions are reloaded. You can avoid this by completely shut down the server (including quitting the MP environment) before starting a new mission. Since doing this, I have never encountered the problem again. This problem only applies to MP by the way, no issues at all in SP.

Same problem here; we'd flown the first mission last week and the buddy who hosted had deliberately ended the mission right after it started just to make sure that saving worked. Then we reloaded, re-flew the first mission, scored 7 kills (with 3 MiG-21) and... nothing.

Next time we fly it, we'll make sure that the hosts restarts the MP before each mission. :thumbup:

We encountered another problem today. A fuel truck rammed and destroyed two MiG-21 on the taxiway, however it avoided my (host's) aircraft. In case this truck isn't important, maybe it would be best to remove it or place it outside the airport so this doesn't happen in the future. I think I had taxi clearance before this happened, though I'm not entirely sure about it.

Screen_150208_01.thumb.jpg.901774c8141f5dfe1107f1bcd6e3c207.jpg

Just to let you know it happened to us also.

Will restart the server next time!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are looking for Swedish members!

http://www.masterarms.se

Is there any way to restart an in-progress campaign? I'm HIGHLY unhappy with how my current one is, I'm only a few days in and pretty much out of fighters.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now