Are you using NVidia DSR with DCS World?

Oh yes. Would have any other way. Until something better comes along of course.

Just enjoy seeing the attacking jets earlier than with out DSR. It gives a greater chance of equalizing the odds of being a better match for the AI in a dog fight, along with the feeling of matching skill levels. As I am now able to change to the DSMS and set up my attack much faster now, as before I wouldn't have time as the enemy would be approaching to fast with the shorter notice. This allowing me to fire off more attempts at defeating him.

Increasing the settings for me wasn't a part of DSRs as I was already set to max everything in DCS. Water, Trees, all set to max.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

DCS World does not even appear in my list of games in the nVidia GeForce Experience. How do you turn on DSR?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

In the Nvidia control panel.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Snacko, It's in the global options under the Nvidia control panel, you turn it on and select the scaling factors you want it to be able to use. [edit] Sniped again [/edit]

I'm running mine at 2640x1440 30% smoothing. Noticed the same thing AtaliA1 stated, seem to be able to spot things from much further away. Downside is the radio messages are harder to read as the text is smaller. smaller.

Edited by txmtb

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

I don't see it in the Control Panel's 3D Settings for Global or programs. I have nVidia Surround with 3 monitors. Maybe it's not available for that?

PS: I just updated my nVidia drives yesterday.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

One more question :-)

When using DSR, do you run DCS in fullscreen or windowed mode ?

Do you keep the same settings in terms of AA and supersampling in the NVidia CP?

I'm running in fullscreen, same settings as used without it turned on, only thing I did was activate it in Nvidia control panel and change resolution in DCS World.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Ok, thx for the answers! I will get my hands on it next week, and also install the F86 I just bought in the Promotion :)

I'm sure you will like the F86, it's just plain fun to fly. :thumbup:

I ran DCS with DSR and it was great. In fact it made me realize that my rig could easily handle running games in 4k and so I bought a 4K tv...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I ran DCS with DSR and it was great. In fact it made me realize that my rig could easily handle running games in 4k and so I bought a 4K tv...

I've read that being able to run 4.0x in DSR is not necessarily the same performance you will get in native 4K. But it might be worth a try. Let us know how it works out. I want a 4K monitor now too!

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Do you keep the same settings in terms of AA and supersampling in the NVidia CP?

I can't imagine you'll need the same level of AA with DSR. Since DRS is effectively super sample AA

Experimenting with DSR. The performance hit, even from 4.0x isn't as great as I figured it would be although for the cost you could select 16q AA. I don't see much improvement past 8Q though. When running DSR I would only select 2x AA. It does squash all the text like the radio messages to an invisible size though.

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Ok guys, again, thank you all for your answers and suggestions.

With my GTX 650 Ti, with only 1GB GDDR5, I have to be somehow conservative, but I'll start with a factor of 1,2 and go up to 2,0 always at 33% smoothness, because it's the default value and honestly I don't really understand what it means...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Ok guys, thx for all of your answers, but since I am away from my game puter the whole week, I am not able to test it yet :-/

There's one thing I didin't understand though. I am running DCS at the same resolution as my desktop - 1920 X 1080. If I now set the DSR factor to 1,2, does this mean that on DCS's graphic options I should look for and enable 2304 X 1296, or should I keep it at 1920 X 1080 in DCS ?

One more question :-)

When using DSR, do you run DCS in fullscreen or windowed mode ?

Yea, DSR enable other resolutions in the game options, you must select one of these to take advantage of it.

You can select as many DSR factor as you want in the NVCP, the you select the one you prefer directly from ingame options.

Full screen or windowed should not affect DSR, same for NVCP settings, this assumes your GPU can keep up with AA at 4k resolution ;)

Full screen or windowed should not affect DSR...

From what I have been able to determine, DSR will not work in windowed mode, at all. Until there is a 'window resolution' field along with the 'Full Screen' check box, DSR has no way of determining the size of the output window.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: