This War Of Mine

Eight Ball

SUMMARY

This War of Mine is the first game that lets you experience war not as a soldier, but as a group of civilians in a besieged city,

struggling with a constant threat of disease, starvation and death, either from hardship, a sniper's bullet or at the hands of bandits.

Do whatever it takes to survive - without destroying your souls, if possible. The pace of the game is imposed by the day and night cycle.

During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout: crafting, trading and taking care of survivors.

At night, take one of your civilians on a mission to scavenge through a set of unique locations for items that will help you stay alive.

https://11bitlaunchpad.gamesrepublic.com/game/strategy,this-war-of-mine,148.html

From an interview in Kotaku

I wondered if Miechowski worried about whether the game is fun.

"No," he said. "Absolutely not. It doesn't really matter. It's an experience."

The game should engage players, he noted. The themes and the gameplay systems should make it rewarding for people to play, but... he picked on his own word choice.

"Play," he said, "is not a good word," not for what you do in this game. He knows that whether we'd call it fun or not, that the game has to be worth playing.

"If the message is important and the gameplay is shallow, it would be absolutely devastating," he said.

Interesting :)

Interesting, yes, but no proposed release schedule, though he will take money now. Also, requiring Steam does not equal DRM free.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 month later...