ILS Approach and ADI Steering Needles

DDay

Just shot an ILS approach into Batumi. Had to use the HSI for alignment and the glide slope indication to the left of the ADI for, well glide slope. In the training mission I get yellow steering needles overlaying the ADI. How do I activate those outside the training mission, or can I?

Just shot an ILS approach into Batumi. Had to use the HSI for alignment and the glide slope indication to the left of the ADI for, well glide slope. In the training mission I get yellow steering needles overlaying the ADI. How do I activate those outside the training mission, or can I?

They are broke. Stow them.

See this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...&highlight=ils

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Except for the slight annoyance of there being no ILS indication in the HUD symbol, in DCS and in the real aircraft.

Right. I'm not aware of any ILS indication in the HUD. If I'm mistaken, could someone confirm?

I wish I could practice around with this, but for days reading through the manual, swapping from Stow / Able on the PTR switch, my steer point needles are stuck in the center of the HSI regardless of what I do?! Any ideas on that or where I'm going wrong. They are there from start-up, through the mission, and all the way home.

I wish I could practice around with this, but for days reading through the manual, swapping from Stow / Able on the PTR switch, my steer point needles are stuck in the center of the HSI regardless of what I do?! Any ideas on that or where I'm going wrong. They are there from start-up, through the mission, and all the way home.

A couple of possibilities. One, you have tuned your radio but have forgotten to turn it on, it's off by default. Can you hear the beeping after tuning to the correct freq?

Secondly, which gets me occasionally is I forget to select ILS from the nav mode select panel.

It's probably one of ose two.

2) Batumi is at 130 in my manual... Where does the pilot get batumi at 124 degrees from?

Which manual has runway headings?:book:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Page 657 :)

Those are just the runway numbers, not necessarily the heading. Most are at least a little off from those numbers.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

A couple of possibilities. One, you have tuned your radio but have forgotten to turn it on, it's off by default. Can you hear the beeping after tuning to the correct freq?

Secondly, which gets me occasionally is I forget to select ILS from the nav mode select panel.

It's probably one of ose two.

Yeah I tuned the radio and turned it on, I hear the sounds coming from it. I've tried changing the PTR modes from EGI to ILS and nothing makes a difference. It's just not working.

It's stuck there rather I decide to turn on or off the ILS radio, when aligned with the HSI and hearing the beeps it stays perfectly centered in the middle, a perfect cross. It worked originally but not anymore. I can swap the PTR switch to ABLE or STOW and it stays in the middle in a perfectly centered cross no matter what. It's like that from startup through the flight and all the way to shut down. I would be happy if I could just get it to STOW as it's annoying while flying having that there.

I know it's got to be something I'm doing wrong, but I've ran through the startup procedures and pre-flight checks along with the pre-start checks to make sure all the switches are in the right position. Unless I'm missing something in the check lists, I'm at a complete loss on this one.

Hence my question

It some airplanes you can change your HSI from magnetic to true and set it as the runway marking and be fine. However I don't or haven't found that yet in this sim, as well as magnetic headings for the runways.

I use this set of charts from JaBoG Schleudi. They are awesome.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1193082&postcount=1

I believe from what I have read here and elsewhere that in RL pilots would have maps for known airfields in their area of operation.

It some airplanes you can change your HSI from magnetic to true and set it as the runway marking and be fine. However I don't or haven't found that yet in this sim, as well as magnetic headings for the runways.

Not sure why you care about True headings when referencing runways...they are magnetic. True headings are used for planning purposes mostly.

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

I have a guy that can get his hands on the TO and landing plates for all the airports. also for the Runway heading I sat on the run way to check its true heading. witch is around 123-124 for Batumi. I have charts for most of the airports. The one link posted above will work just fine for you. It shows a headin of 125, it is close but not peffict like my spelling. :)

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/