Q & A Hispano Ha-1112 Buchon

Welcome to the Questions and Answers thread for the VEAO Hispano Ha-1112 Buchon.

In this thread feel free to ask any questions you have regarding this module and myself and the rest of the VEAO team will do our best to answer them as best we can.

To cover a few commonly asked questions from the warbirds thread :

• No ETA yet

• The Buchon will have EFM to PFM standards

• Full ASM

• Our intention is to do the Spanish airforce variant

• Potential for the converted Bf109 lookalike akin to those at IWM Duxford

One of the primary questions that we are always being asked is why the Buchon rather than a real Bf109?

Well there are a few reasons, one major one is that we can lay our hands on several real airworthy Buchon’s, we have access to pilots who have flown them, to detailed mechanical information (that is in English!). The engine is something that we also have ready access to.

It is our philosophy that all of our modules will be completed to military specification. With that in mind having access to airworthy aircraft is very beneficial to us. That’s not to say that in the future we wouldn’t travel for access or do aircraft where we only have access to statics, but for our initial wave of releases it’s something that we had to consider.

If you guys have any questions for us then this is the place for you!

I can’t promise that we will answer all of them (usual NDA stuff applies etc etc) but we will certainly try!

Keep an eye out for the Eye Candy thread and the Dev Diary not only for this aircraft but for the other warbirds as well!

All the best

Pman

Will we see the three and four blade propellor variants?

Will the spanish air force rockets be included?

Our intention is do to both, 4 bladed prop for the Spanish Air Force variant and a three bladed prop for the Bf109 impersonator for those aerobatic fans out there.

As for the rockets, yes we will be implementing accurate weapons including the rockets.

Pman

One of my friends (who ecently passed away) flew the Buchon for the film The Battle of Britain.

Could that version and the "german" skin come with the package? That would be a great homenage to him.

Could I participate on the developing of that Buchon? He and I flew together DC-9s and MD-80s for many years in Aviaco, toghether with other pilots that also flew for that film. Think I still can get sone info.

If interested please send me a PM

Thank you

One of my friends (who ecently passed away) flew the Buchon for the film The Battle of Britain.

Could that version and the "german" skin come with the package? That would be a great homenage to him.

Could I participate on the developing of that Buchon? He and I flew together DC-9s and MD-80s for many years in Aviaco, toghether with other pilots that also flew for that film. Think I still can get sone info.

If interested please send me a PM

Thank you

Do you have detailed photos of the scheme that his Buchon wore?

If so I will pass it along to our texture artist and see what we can do.

Regarding the info pm me with some ideas with what sort of thing your talking about and we can go from there :)

Pman

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

What sort of armament and performance figures are we looking at? I don't now much about the Buchon so did it use the breda and safat MG's or did they use copied german MG's/ cannon

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Pair of hispano 20mm iirc!

As to performance no idea but it wont be bad... but didn't the merlin turn opposite the DaimlerBenz? Could be interesting if the airframe is unchanged from the original 109...

Edited by Random
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This is the same aircraft used by Isreal early on after the British left isn't it? They apparently had viscous handling characteristics.

Would it come in Isreali colours?

No, those would be copies built in Czechoslovakia Avia S-199. I don't know if the Ha-1112 Buchon saw any action other than for a movie or two :pilotfly:

• 5 months later...
No, those would be copies built in Czechoslovakia Avia S-199. I don't know if the Ha-1112 Buchon saw any action other than for a movie or two :pilotfly:

According to the Spanish Ejército del Aire (Air Force) website, the Buchón saw action during the Ifni War in West Africa, 1957-1958.

http://www.ejercitodelaire.mde.es/ea/pag?idDoc=18462D96827E581EC12570D700464E75&idRef=6505829DE63CEDFAC12574500032876C

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ifni_War

Will definitely be an excellent fly when VEAO get more into it. Would be interesting to feel the difference the rr makes in the 109 airframe

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.