SU-25T Gun Training - no targets visible

luftfisch

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with this training mission as well. It's a night ground attack training mission using aircraft cannon and apparently illumination flares must be dropped by another flight. Unfortunatelyrics flares are either not being dropped or they are dropped somewhere else, nothing illuminates target area so it's impossible to complete the training mission... does anyone else have the same problem with this training mission or is it some graphics option that is not activated on my end?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The flares are dropped, and do light up, but to not illuminate anything and extinguish well before they get to the ground. This is a bug with the flares and not the mission as far as I can tell.

You can see them floating down on chutes. Once you pass the target area, select autopilot, and press F6 until you can see them. You will see a glowing sprite on the tip of a cylinder attached to a small parachute.

They should be casting light, but notice that they don't even illuminate their own parachute, so there is no chance they will illuminate the ground.

Edited by mkiii

I've successfully (relatively speaking :huh: ) completed the mission.

Basically you'll have to edit the mission, as the flare mule releases the flares too high, and in random and un-optimal directions. But the targets are there.

It took many trail and errors to get the flare mules route, altitude, and "trigger radius" just right so to speak.

Unfortunately, I neglected to save the mission under a different file name before an update, so it was reverted back and lost.

But, here's the videos.

CPU = Intel i7-6700K

Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,

RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme

Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2

Thanks chap. That was most enlightning ;)

At least we now know the flares do light things up. It's odd that when I zoomed in one it wasn't lighting itself up.

I wonder if HDR or other settings affect them?

• 9 months later...

Hi, I'm a veteran of many of the MMO flight sims like Aces High and WW2OL but brand new to DCS and I've been running through the Su-25t training missions to get my feet wet.

I got to this Internal Cannon mission this evening and I've encountered a pretty game breaking bug. As I'm flying through the gates and the instructor says "Watch your altitude at this next gate. It's a low one", he isn't joking. The gate is too low to fly through as only like the top 1/8th of it is even visible and the top border of the gate is below the tree line. I gave it the old college try but after 3 wrecks, I decided to come here and see if there were any bug reports about it.

I can get a screenshot of it if necessary but there is absolutely no way to fly through it without hitting trees because as I said, the top of it is below the tops of the trees.

(edit to attach screenshot): Here you can see the gate at the bottom of my HUD and you can pretty clearly see the tree tops extending up above the top of the gate.

CE47B586A7B7270E6136B1AEF608484D4BF417E6

Edited by Osprey39

Curious, are you using 2.5 or 1.5.x.

If 2.5, the maybe it's from the new terrain/trees, which are collide-able.

If so, may have to edit the mission. I had to edit, or tweak several of the Su-25T training missions (1.5.x) for various reasons when I was going through them.

Would say watch

, but I'll even caution, this video series (which was my first video series) can be quit boring and painful to watch :yawn: :wacko:. Lot's of information and hard learned lessons buried in them though.

I'm using 2.5. I may try to edit it and finish the mission to satisfy the completionist aspect of my personality :joystick: but I just skipped past it and went on and did the rest of the training missions.

Thanks for the heads up about your videos. I'll check them out sometime because I still have a lot to learn. I flew a campaign mission for the first time last night and the information overload was real! I also had so much damn ordnance strapped to my plane I could barely get it off the ground. I could use some tips, especially on target acquisition because I couldn't tell the difference between a tank and a concrete bunker in that mission :lol:

Gun training worked for me. iirc, there are 4 trucks located in a rectangle pattern near the half-buried final gate.

ETA: This post refers to 1.5xx, didn't notice first post date, nor transition of convo to 2.5

ETA 2: Flying 2.5, and I didn't make it past the "...next game is pretty low" (about the 8th gate in):

2_5_gun_tutorial_su25.jpg

Click on the image, it shows trees occluding the gate...

ETA 3: Opened ME, found the VERY low gate (#9, iirc) which showed 98' AGL. Put a 200' altitude (most of the others are ~330') and all is good. Also, I had to overfly the snow-covered "bowl" target area a couple of times before flares and smoke came out. Don't know what triggers them, but it should show in the ME.

Edited by VZ_342