Rogue System -- Space Sim

bfeld

hey! Michael/Scott i hope your going to still update us here please.....

Hi,

While I'm in the process of getting the first public test version ready to go most of my updates are in the form of "developer journal" entries over at the RogSys forums ( http://www.roguesystemsim.com/Forums/ ). But yes, when there is major news I will certainly post here :)

Since the Kickstarter, I guess the biggest news would be the code review and revision, which I needed to do to make sure everything was ready for the next step. After that, I started working on final ship system designs (and have just started implementing those), as well as a complete overhaul of the orbit mechanics code, which there is a video of here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIpuR6WY2h4

I have to admit that for one man the Kickstarter was a huge effort and really took a lot out of me. It took me a good month to "gather myself back up" and start making forward progress again. But, I'm beyond all that now and I've added a "To-Do" list to the site so you have an idea of where things are as I move to getting that first public test version ready: http://www.roguesystemsim.com/RogSys.html

Thanks...

• Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great i m following you in your site.... i m really waiting for Rogue system.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone. It's been a while since you've heard from me. A lot has been going on in the background. I found a lot of support here early on and I wanted to say "thank you" by taking a minute to stop in and let you all know that Rogue System now has a publisher and entered full-time production on Nov 1.

Here's the press release: http://www.roguesystemsim.com/VForums/discussion/23/rogue-system-finds-publishing-partner#Item_1

Thanks again for all the support in the past. Please stop by the forums from time to time to see how things are going :)

• 1 month later...

I am very much looking forward to this game. I hope Michael will set up some sort of Alpha testing, I'd love to have a go...

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

• 2 weeks later...

Mike I wanted to congratulate you on tackling such a great challenge. The ship interfaces and forward thinking are inspiring and I like the fact that you will be including some automated options for those who do not want to feel overwhelmed from requirements of manually operating various systems. I can definitely see a future sophisticated ship would have some automation as well to relieve the pilot of unnecessary workload. I would probably fly the ship mostly with some automation but still have the knowledge of the systems in case something goes wrong with the SOI.

Are you going to make this sim oculus rift compatible?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I've been given the honour of creating the official tutorial videos for Rogue System. See here for my playlist with the first two which I have completed.

Please note that this is a very early pre-release version of the game and so there will be missing features and bugs. However it's already super fun to play around in as a sandbox space simulation.

I will be updating the videos as the game receives updates so check back on my channel for future videos. Next up I'll be covering manoeuvring and autopilot modes.

• 2 months later...

Great ! thanks a lot.

awesome August update in the early acces to discover now ;-)

for all interrested Update 2 :

" Update 2 focuses on mission parameter improvements, several fixes and refinements to damage caused by impact forces, and the addition of a preliminary Sleep/SAN (suspended animation) system.

While sleeping, time is advanced rapidly (so far I’ve successfully tested as much as 24 hours in 6 seconds), thus allowing for VERY long trips. This functionality is critical to the campaign missions, some of which will be very great in distance. Celestial body rotation/translation is advanced, as is ship rotation/translation. Also, while the MES Flux Drive is “burning”, ship velocity will also be updated (MTS Boost accelerations are NOT YET updated). You’ll also notice many fixes and refinements based on player feedback.

Finally, notice that the prototype FireArc is now fitted with a pair of missile launchers, each with a pair of simple, “dumb” missiles. Currently, the missile system is always enabled. As long as the weapons are armed, you can launch a missile. They currently will launch in sequence. There is no hit detection for them yet, so no damage will be caused. The critical goal was to get the launcher and missile systems, data structures and basic operation fleshed out. This work achieved that goal."

http://imagespaceinc.com/rogsys/

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...