F/A 18 Hornet Tribute Video

I guess we all have our opinions on "the most perfect...graceful aircraft".... I personally love the Su 27, 35 Flanker family of single seater aircraft. That is my definition of grace and perfect. :D

Nice vid though. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Good Job!

I like the transitions between real and sim footage when the plane is in the same relative position.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Thanks for your comments everyone.

@Avilator, cheers, I know some of them didnt work out totally perfect, but some worked really well, like the takeoff on runway and airshow routine, I had fun trying to fly and match what the real life pilot did. I might actually make some other videos with the same concept, cause its damn fun to make :thumbup:

@GA: Well, I just thought the credits turned out damn cool with a lot of attitude, and fitted nicely with the song...I guess I like works that show attitude more than artistic value or something.:noexpression:

@Witchking: Yes, each to their own and all that, but in my opinion, the lines of the Hornet are just amazingly beautiful, its so sleek and perfectly proportioned. Dont know how accurate the flight model in the mod I was using is, but its incredibly maneouverable too, much more than the F15.

@Ange: Many thanks my friend.

Edited by thaFunkster

• 4 weeks later...

Great video I like to see this as the first DCS fast jet for the Nato side.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Well, MCDonnel Douglass Corporation (forgive spelling). And yes, I know it is now Boeing, but I was not making a vid about the Super Hornet, so it is still a MDC aircraft imo.

---

Ali: Thank you, good to see you in these forums!

My father work at Mc Donnell Douglass for many years before he passed away with cancer...I almost got in there myself..but had a change of heart..regret it now...but I am still happy with my choice..:thumbup:

Yes nice video