EF Status Update

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Really looking forwards to having the Typhoon in DCS! Definitely a day-1 purchase. Probably the only thing that will prise me out of the cockpit of my Su-27 :)

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

"Defect" you mean...hehe

He he yes I could be persuaded :D

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Looking forward to seeing how the F-18 and EF handle the MiG-29 and Sukhois once they all have PFMs

I know right, IRL we haven't seen them matched up (probably for the best since we wouldn't want WWIII) but in the sim we get to see how it might go down. Discover for ourselves the strengths and weaknesses. So excited.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

ED has a F/A-18C coming, and hasnt given a release date yet. Its pretty standard these days.

I can see why to be honest though. Better to make people think it's never coming and surprise them than it is to say it'll be here on _____ and hit an unexpected delay. That way they're a bit negative but exceedingly happy when it drops. It'd be one thing if people understood delays happen, but the past shows us people will almost flat out boycott and rail you all over the web if you're so much as a week past when you estimate. No matter how serious the cause for delay is.

Seems even wiser still to not even announce anything until release is imminent.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1-"Sir, we have to postpone the patch."

2-"I take it you didn´t have the gaul to publicly speculate on a release date?"

1-"...some of our staff have unofficially said "soon" again."

2-"WHAT? Don´t you understand they take everything you say as GOSPEL?"

Honestly, the practice of not openly speculating on release dates is entirely on the community. How many times have developers been flogged for not releasing on time? How many times have people complained everything takes too long?

People ought to practice some damn patience. It sometimes seems to me the DCS community is on average younger then other sim communities.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

I just wanted to say that what you are doing here is awesome. I have been waiting for 15 years to fly on a realistic Typhoon simulator (since DID's EF2000). I will buy this module day one!

Best wishes and keep up the good work!

People ought to practice some damn patience. It sometimes seems to me the DCS community is on average younger then other sim communities.

Indeed. As I've said before, it's like the children in the back seat of the car. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?". No, we're not there yet. Don't you think I'd tell you if we were? Please stop asking. :)

• Like 1
Indeed. As I've said before, it's like the children in the back seat of the car. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?". No, we're not there yet. Don't you think I'd tell you if we were? Please stop asking. :)

Well, the difference is that the children in the backseat get to see the progress constantly when they look outside the windows. However, we here on the forums do not get any updates, so it's reasonable for us to ask these questions.

So, even if VEAO doesn't give out release estimations, it wouldn't hurt to see some updated screenshots and WIP info in general.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com