FAQ: VEAO Typhoon for DCS World

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only ALARM hadnt been retired from service.....

Yeah, that's something I really don't understand. They just retired it without having a successor? Is the RAF not interested in SEAD any more or do think they can do that with other weapons?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Seriously?

Maverick on the Eurofighter? How did you come up with that? The Maverick is not used on the Eurofighter in any of the user countries and no one plans to do that as far as I know. The RAF wants to integrate the Brimstone Missle into the eurofighter which comes pretty close to the Maverick though.

HARM + Eurofighter? Again, where is that the case or at least planned?

The only reasonable thing you mentioned is the Paveway which is already in use with the (british) Eurofighter.

I think you should wait for the Hornet instead which is a true multirole AC and has all those weapons. The Eurofighter was originally planned and designed as a pure air superiority fighter and gets now slowly refitted as a multirole AC, but that takes time.

Woa I'm sorry for angering you.

Do I know which country uses which weapons?

Sorry man.

I'm gonna get this jet anyways probably, simply because it's this cool, but some air-to-ground and targeting pod capabilities would be nice.

If it doesn't get it, I'll be slightly disappointed because I can't show off my beautiful jet over the target area.

I am already aware that I need to wait for the F/A-18 for the real deal in air to ground, but I want the eurofighter to keep the other jets down for sure.

Edited by domini99
Woa I'm sorry for angering you.

Do I know which country uses which weapons?

Sorry man.

I'm gonna get this jet anyways probably, simply because it's this cool, but some air-to-ground and targeting pod capabilities would be nice.

If it doesn't get it, I'll be slightly disappointed because I can't show off my beautiful jet over the target area.

I am already aware that I need to wait for the F/A-18 for the real deal in air to ground, but I want the eurofighter to keep the other jets down for sure.

Sorry if I sounded rude, but for me DCS means highly accurately and realistically modeled/simulated AC and your demands for capabilities for the Eurofighter which it just doesn't have in RL are the exact opposite of what DCS is supposed to be.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sorry if I sounded rude, but for me DCS means highly accurately and realistically modeled/simulated AC and your demands for capabilities for the Eurofighter which it just doesn't have in RL are the exact opposite of what DCS is supposed to be.

It means the same for me, but I went on a research adventure and saw that the Typhoon can use Mavericks, so I thought someone must be using them.

Heck, do I know they are not actually being used on the jet?

Anyways, I'll see what this jet brings. I just hope some guided bombs with a targeting pod. That'll be nice already.

I've heard about the brimstone missile, this is nice too.

It means the same for me, but I went on a research adventure and saw that the Typhoon can use Mavericks, so I thought someone must be using them.

Heck, do I know they are not actually being used on the jet?

Anyways, I'll see what this jet brings. I just hope some guided bombs with a targeting pod. That'll be nice already.

I've heard about the brimstone missile, this is nice too.

Mavericks and HARMs look to be part of the loadout for later model Tranche 3 Typhoons. Many nations have different loadouts with the different Tranche and blocks of Typhoons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gents,

there have been several weapons that were associated with the aircraft at some point. Most of them were shown with mock-ups at airshows and there have been some PR shots of prototypes in particular. Reality is, however, that there are neither many weapons integrated as of today, nor are too many planned in the near future.

Mavericks and HARMs are not among those planned, though consideration has been given to their integration at some point in the past. The HARM may still happen, if there is a customer with a requirement for it. Thus far there is none.

Right now only the following weapons are integrated and cleared.

T1: AIM-9L, ASRAAM, IRIS-T, AIM-120A/B/C5, 1000lb GPB, GBU-10/16, UK PW II and EPW II

T2/3 at P1E: GBU-48, PW IV

T2/3 at P2E: Meteor, Storm Shadow

T2/3 at P3E: Brimstone 2

These weapons are either integrated already or on contract to be integrated. Anything else is subject to future modification contracts, such as P4E and beyond.

Gents,

there have been several weapons that were associated with the aircraft at some point. Most of them were shown with mock-ups at airshows and there have been some PR shots of prototypes in particular. Reality is, however, that there are neither many weapons integrated as of today, nor are too many planned in the near future.

Mavericks and HARMs are not among those planned, though consideration has been given to their integration at some point in the past. The HARM may still happen, if there is a customer with a requirement for it. Thus far there is none.

Right now only the following weapons are integrated and cleared.

T1: AIM-9L, ASRAAM, IRIS-T, AIM-120A/B/C5, 1000lb GPB, GBU-10/16, UK PW II and EPW II

T2/3 at P1E: GBU-48, PW IV

T2/3 at P2E: Meteor, Storm Shadow

T2/3 at P3E: Brimstone 2

These weapons are either integrated already or on contract to be integrated. Anything else is subject to future modification contracts, such as P4E and beyond.

That's awesome! I suppose LITENING pod included?

That's actually quite some air to ground, this is awesome!

I agree DCS stands for realism and accuracy, though I consider the difference between real life loadouts and capablities in terms of possible loadouts.

The European Fighter Aircraft (EFA), german popular name "Jäger 90" and later renamed again EF2000, now finally Typhoon, was quite early designed with more than just air superiority in mind.

Remember that the Eurofighter was a follow up to a mix of, well let's call them "design studies" that never made it for political reasons, and had it's first prototype flight in 1994.

Already in 1995 a simulation from DID "EF2000" depicted a lot of planned capabilities for the Eurofighter, including LGBs, ALARM, Meteor (in-game by the concept name of SLRAAM/S-225)which where all more or less part of the multi-role concept for the EF2000...

Currently, after lots of delays, political struggles and revisions, we have a very mixed set of capabilities depending on which countries version of the Typhoon you look at, what weapons each army has available or plans to order for "his" Typhoons and last the real life loadouts, that were used in real combat situations.

I would absolutely appreciate if we get the most weapons the Typhoon is capable of implementing as far as contracts and regulations allow.

Have them accurately modeled, as much as possible and give us the information about realistic/useful loadouts as well as about loadouts that were used in real life... like we have with the A-10C, currently.

I wouldn't mind having the choice to try HARM or ALARM in a SEAD role, or Brimstones against tanks. If I would consider this to spoil my simming experience, I could reduce the loadouts to only real life loadouts, if I want to.

The capabilities to carry a lot of different weapons is there and I'd love to try true multi role with that bird.

Remember, the A-10C was designed for a very precise role and during the Gulf War did about every role it was never designed to do apart from fighter/interceptor and air superiority, even SEAD missions with Mavericks and deep strikes! ...so when the military comes up with new interesting roles for the Typhoon we could just put the right weapons on and simulate that, as well. :music_whistling:

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Shagrat,

It's not just about the weapons itself, but the avionics. You can't simulate modern weapons without the aircraft avionics to support them. What you guys ask for is a fantasy Typhoon that doesn't exist in real life.

VEAO considered a more advanced Typhoon version in the past, but what they are allowed to do is a mostly AA limited T1. That's not only true wrt weapons, but also the avionic capabilities.

Shagrat,

It's not just about the weapons itself, but the avionics. You can't simulate modern weapons without the aircraft avionics to support them. What you guys ask for is a fantasy Typhoon that doesn't exist in real life.

VEAO considered a more advanced Typhoon version in the past, but what they are allowed to do is a mostly AA limited T1. That's not only true wrt weapons, but also the avionic capabilities.

Spectre is absolutely right on this. We can only "simulate" certain things.

Edited by Ells228

Spectre is right with the weaponry, will are not looking to implement any of the T2/T3 weapons like Brimstone, ALARM, Meteor or Storm Shadow. These are all designed for a more advanced avionics package then we have in dev.

Not too mention the length of talks purely to use the symbology (sic?) never mind actual functionality!

Sead is also not going to be implemented as HARM/ALARM are not being developed for Tiffie

I would encourage people to think of DCS Typhoon as an air superiority fighter with limited ground pounding rather then a swing role aircraft

Pman

What kind of ground pounding capability are you planning to include?

So many of the conversations on this forum go round and round. I refer you to the first post.

Paveways possibly and thats about it (along with some sort of designator pod). With the option in the future to develop more if and when the legal agreements change.

What kind of ground pounding capability are you planning to include?

At best you will get Pw2 with TGP

As the tiffie is at the moment there is no Ground pounding capability, the other weapons I mention earlier are not being developed.

Pman

At best you will get Pw2 with TGP

As the tiffie is at the moment there is no Ground pounding capability, the other weapons I mention earlier are not being developed.

Pman

Thanks for the answer.

TGP + Paveway sounds wonderful!

Enough do to all sorts of missions.

I really hope you can get that TGP working for the release! My squad and I will throw money at any DCS level bird that can do BVR and precision ground attack. :)

I'd love to have all that stuff, but VEAO does a realistic (and a bit redacted) version that is actually in use right now, and that one doesn't have that capability.

So your only choice is not having a Eurofighter at all, which is still worse.

EDIT@Slipp:

Thanks for the answer.

TGP + Paveway sounds wonderful!

Enough do to all sorts of missions.

I really hope you can get that TGP working for the release! My squad and I will throw money at any DCS level bird that can do BVR and precision ground attack. smile.gif

Even without TGP you could do lots of stuff, I am sure there are A-10C pilots who would love to FAC you. Ehh.... Give a FAC. No, that is wrong either...... Be your FAC. Yep, that's it :D

I'd love to have all that stuff, but VEAO does a realistic (and a bit redacted) version that is actually in use right now, and that one doesn't have that capability.

So your only choice is not having a Eurofighter at all, which is still worse.

EDIT@Slipp:

Even without TGP you could do lots of stuff, I am sure there are A-10C pilots who would love to FAC you. Ehh.... Give a FAC. No, that is wrong either...... Be your FAC. Yep, that's it :D

I'd still prefer to have a TGP so I can also do stuff myself, I often play in servers where no other A-10C's are at work and I don't want to be dependent of someone else :)

@ Ells, pman and spectre11 I'm well aware that we can't have most of the weapons planned for the "future". Most stuff is even only planned as of today.

What I meant, was to not dismiss all this stuff as " not realistic" claiming the Typhoon wasn't designed to carry these weapons and is not capable of using them.

If at some point later on, we see the Meteor for example, and could link the launch parameters to the coded radar and maybe add a few things to the avionics, it would be nice!

I have to say I'm really sad about the ALARM though, *sic*

I loved that one in EF2000, but yes, it is no longer considered for the Tiffy, but one can hope for the future.

Still I think the armament planned for VEAOs Typhoon is quite impressive and enables us to do a lot of mixed sorties where you punch through CAP and provide a tactical strike or you carry a load of GBUs and provide on call CAS with a few minutes time to target...

Heck, just flying an empty Tiffy should be fun like hell! :D

I love this plane!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)