LEAVU development phase, coding MPCD graphics

RvEYoda

GGTharos:

I have no problem with flying a version of it that provides wingman position updates only, while you get nothing until someone decides to build a flanker or mig specific version.

OK, thank you for such a kind gesture.... we will take nothing, and then take your word that u will only use the "downgraded" version of the datalink... Mabe we can write it in the server rules as pilots join HL servers?... "Dont worry fellow pilots, GG and other LEAVU users will only run the downgraded versions of the mod".... hehe cmon guys are you serious?

This sort of thing can only serve right if it was something that can be ENFORCED by the server and was agreed upon before an event, or by ROEs giving only specific datalink advantages to simulate some sort of combat environment or whatever, just like ATC software works now for example...

But since its not enforceable, whos stopping you from using your own "See All" version of the datalink? Whos stopping you from extracting other data and then linking it up with your wingmen? Hmm... I wonder what other scripts one can have running in the name of "realism"...

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what proof do you have that makes you say so?

I have declassified aircraft manual and aircraft crew supporting my claim - from both sides.

Im sorry but some Joe telling you that aircraft could transmit live radar data to each other in the 80's is not my idea of proof, you can't incorperate something into a sim which is not viewed as capable. If you have proof of this then show it don't just go right a head and do it, your developing something which can change how Lockon is played online by a factor of 100, not some 3d model for all to cherish, but an actual unstoppable advantage over other aircraft.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Yoda I'd like to say with LRM you done your best to tackle a lot of LO's problems and any person can see you're trying your hardest to improve LO for the community, between now and my last post I've only just started to understand what exactly Leavu is and the mechanics and implications of Leavu, I have to say that you've opened up a can of worms with Leavu mate, I'm also an Eagle driver and I'd love to see the righteous Sperry datalink in LO's Eagle but you're on a slippery slope here, whilst I see the benefits Leavu will have for a squad in a MP enviroment I can also see the negative effects it'll have on lone wolves like me.

Sometimes mate some things are just best left alone. It doesn't matter what I say because its far too late now. Yoda don't think I'm giving you a hard time because I'm not.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im not going to dispute whether ground controllers can do what ever they've done they have buildings where they can layout computers the size of an Airbus. And as for a/c shapes thats all singular aircraft stuff. But as for a/c direct radar communication with another a/c the fact that the development of this system took years I should imagine it began in the 80's/90's but implementing it into an airforce is not like turning a switch on. Haven't you even taken into account that the talking of a/c radar to another a/c wouldn't have been in real time especially if it was even possible in the 80's.

it requires very little computing power.

on board computers in fighters are quite slow afaik, rubustness over speed.

Again i tell you I have sources from both crew and manuals of these fighters

where the specific features you dont believe in - Exist!

I have already offered breakshot to send you proof, but I get no response on that matter.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Yoda I appreciate your work but it should be enforceable on server side.

That is something ED can help out by allowing us to disable lua export or not.

Currently FC 1.12 it is not possible to fully disable lua without using a security flaw,

but this security flaw will be fixed in Fc2. It remains to be seen if ED decides to allow

server to completely disable lua export or not.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

The datalink (or indeed, any part of LEAVU) can be used by any LO aircraft regardless of origin.

If you don't like it, don't fly with people who use it ... and don't use it. No one's stopping you from doing all that ;)

I don't give a rats a## if you think its realistic or not THIS IS NOT LOCKON.

Im simply outraged at this BS, im appaled at the pathetic answers being given to try and support such an outrageous idea which is a well disguised form of CHEATING Lockon players. I am disgusted at the idea of people implementing this in the name of realism unwittingly realising how they've been duped into cheating everyone they fly against. This is not part of Lockon, it is a VERY HELPFUL aid to the F-15's Navigation disguised with a blatant CHEAT tool to see what your buddies see with no server limitations and an unbelievable amount of scope for what ever else may be possible. Totally devious invention IMO, and Yoda I think you need to check your head for what your really trying to achieve here. :mad:

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Frostie you should clear up your own understanding of what leavu is.

Ive made a new first post in this thread ( as the previous one was for LEavu 1.0 ) .

You can read there yourself what the purpose of Leavu is.

It is to provide a modular avionics tool with input-output support, used

to provide external instrumentation for different sims. In this case I start with

lockon. And since I have most of the framework set up, I start with the F-15.

Why? Because F-15 is my favorite plane to fly, so I start making cockpit

instruments and features for it. Nothing is stopping anyone else from making

mods for other aircraft. When i fly with my friends I want to use datalink.

I want to have in this game what other games already have.

And I want to share it with everyone else.

Stop playing dumb, you know that i know that you can read out way more then the necessary datas used for the purpose, you know that we know that this "stinks" bigtime.

The idea itself is absolutly great, and i remeber you even back in days "dreaming" of datalink fancy-shiny-blinking tools in lockon after you expierienced it in Falcon. But doing that over network-share-connections is plain simple wrong, bigtime ..period. IF datalink, then the game should manage or do that internal, unaccessable.

Developing things in euphoric love for the topic itself is one thing, but the responsibility what consequences that might have -even though, the "maker" thinks, he is the only one who knows - you dont see?

You should have learnt from the past as you released that exploid vid and with what followed afterwards.

So my question to calm the folks down here....what gurantee you can give in terms of security and the protection that it cant be mis-used?

Thx...me out

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And I want to share it with everyone else.

I know you do, but the fact is this is a tool which can only be used by those who have a second screen. Its not like HOTAS v Keyboard or TIR vs HAT switch, its an unfair advantage over the majority/general lockon player who have no option.

Edit: removed the term 'mate' as apparently its not applicable.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Yoda this isn't a mod its 3rd party software that runs independently of Lock on. leavu is forceware because it's unenforcable server side and runs on servers without the server owners permission and gives a clear advantage to F-15 drivers in a squad. The devs need to disable lua exports in MP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know you do mate, but the fact is this is a tool which can only be used by those who have a second screen. Its not like HOTAS v Keyboard or TIR vs HAT switch, its an unfair advantage over the majority/general lockon player who have no option.

You go very fast from sarcasm and name calling to referring

to me as your "mate".

Right, what about having extra large monitor, or

using touch buddy or any similar software then,

LOVP etc. Are those all that as well?

Not everyone has a hotas either. Some fly keyboad,

some fly this and that. We dont call them cheaters.

That said if ED wants to allow server option to disable all lua,

that is up to them, not me.

Hey, guys give Yoda a break! Making mods is a completely legitimate activity. He can make a bloody Jumbo Jet firing patriot missiles, or swimming black shark if he wants. Realistic? He can call and advertise his mod "Ultra realistic swimming helicopter" if he likes. So attacking him for making a product is completely unnecessary. You can make propositions, give advices if you are interested in his work at all, but it`s his call if he takes any. You don`t like it, you don`t use it. It`s that simple. You don`t like people using that kind of mods, etc. online? Attack them not the creator or go play with people who don`t use it.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think you missed something. :D

No one's attacking anyone Topol, people are trying to make others aware of the implications of these types of tools.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Topol, you are missing the point.

Noone is attacking Yoda, but all have questions about the big "What IF" and consequences. Read my post one klick back. Actually he is devolping the "wunderwaffe" and a pure "cheat" program in 3rd party usage, unless it is not an officially implemented part of the game core itself.

Simple as that you have to see that.

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Frankly I don't care how much people scream about it. Carry on the good work. :D

Thank you topol. Could not have said it better myself :)
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

AS is right Leavu is Pandora's box. GG what do you mean?, I don't see anyone attacking others.

GG replies as usual in his "i give a ###" ridiculing way, cuz he is part of building and using that thing.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You go very fast from sarcasm and name calling to referring

to me as your "mate".

Right, what about having extra large monitor, or

using touch buddy or any similar software then,

LOVP etc. Are those all that as well?

Not everyone has a hotas either. Some fly keyboad,

some fly this and that. We dont call them cheaters.

Where is the sarcasm and name calling?

You don't seem to grasp the fact that this gives people the chance to view things others can't and will never see, comparisons to HOTAS and TIR are moot as they are alternate forms of input/output. Your tool opens things up to the chosen few.

What your proposing, which you and GG have no other intention than for online use, is wrong.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Yoda:

That said if ED wants to allow server option to disable all lua,

that is up to them, not me.

This would be the ONLY solution to a can of worms that has already been opened... god knows for how long, btw...

So question to any ED guys who read this... can that be done? Otherwise whats the point of promoting "new anti-cheat methods" in FC 2.0 If such things are still possible... this is totally ludicrous, IMO

Pilots should always have the right to a fair fight when they enter a given server, or they should at least be aware what can and cannot be used against them...

• Like 2

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot