LEAVU development phase, coding MPCD graphics

RvEYoda

well if someone can rewrite my dx engine to an overlay, then make it work

100% with lockon it could work, but I feel like it is nothing I wish to do.

Crunch: Reason is :

Lockon RWR in LUA does not say which target is the newest threat.

And we cannot ask it to tell us when a new threat is detected.

We can only ask it "what is the current rwr state".

Thus I chose to ask it 10 times per second "what is the state".

If you ask like this, sometimes two new threats will appear at the same time,

and you cannot decide which one is the newest.

I don't see this as any form of problem.

In all other situations (where the detection is spaced out more than 0.1s) the

corrent threat is chosen. In the <0.1s situation this information is sort of meaningless anyway so ;),.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I saw the link you provided. You said it was an alpha version. I was waiting for the final version. I'll go download it and give it a try.

yeah it never got further before I gave up the java development ;P

But it works....mostly.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

THE FOLLOWING IS A PICTURE FROM LEAVU 1, and is NOT valid for leavu 2!

Datalink is beginning to work!!!!

test33.PNG

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

THE FOLLOWING IS A PICTURE FROM LEAVU 1, and is NOT valid for leavu 2!

If you want to just try the datalink, you can

connect to the dlink server "yoda.reservoirselite.com"

Also implemented status indicators if connection is successful or not, they look like this

test34.PNG

Just checkboxes that automatically get checked on successfull connection

Edited by =RvE=Yoda
  • Like 1

lockon doesnt export awacs data through LUA unfortunately.

The datalink is shared by all aircraft on the datalink server.

Currently I think it supports only F-15, MAYBE A-10

So what happens is; you see the other guys as "wingmen" on

the HSD view/page of LEAVU. Everyone needs to be flying (alive),

and on the same Dlink server.

^^^ Unbelievable. :music_whistling: The mod is closing to the picture in my post 9 in this thread. Fingers crossed.

A question: The window with the program is appearing with some shortcut or ALt Tab...? Also is it actually showing over the game screen (hiding the lower part of the game screen) or below the game screen (not hiding anything but resizing the game resolution)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it shows on second monitor or second computer (your choice)

You can use mouse or touch screen for control

Later i'm thinking of making keyboard activation as well

We have even better data than that image, topol. ;)

All in good time.

Oh great. Is all the data we have access to in this mode present in the real F-15C (the one with APG-63)? I hope all the features/modes of the MPCD are realistic. And the speed with which Yoda works - sometimes i wonder if behind the nick "Yoda" there is 1 person or some team of jedies :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, Yoda is a jedi :D

The MPCD modes are realistic to the extent we can tell they are realistic.

For example, consider the image you have shown us: It is a sanitized image, ie. it probably contains about 25% of the data this thing would normally show you. Unfortunately, we must guess as to what the data is. Fortunately, we have some clues from other publications, but we don't know everything.

In addition the LUA exports do not work perfectly so there are some things that Yoda cannot do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No, Yoda is a jedi :D

The MPCD modes are realistic to the extent we can tell they are realistic.

For example, consider the image you have shown us: It is a sanitized image, ie. it probably contains about 25% of the data this thing would normally show you. Unfortunately, we must guess as to what the data is. Fortunately, we have some clues from other publications, but we don't know everything.

In addition the LUA exports do not work perfectly so there are some things that Yoda cannot do.

Can the info from other US planes be used assuming the functions of the MPCD are similar? Like F-16, F/A-18 not that i know if they are not also classified...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The problem is that they use different type of datalinks and data, but that is the idea - to supplement what is missing with other knowledge as much as possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Topol-m, I have taken about 50% of the design from the F-16, since the

F-15 is mostly classified in these things, however, due to the nature of the

Eagle, it should be at least as sophisticated and useful in the mfds as the F-16

for a2a ;). (And considering what I have seen on picture from the F-15 mpcd,

it definitely is!!!) It might also be possible that we can grab some fuel status

pages from the F-18.

I will not "invent" a new "super mfd page" like Spy satellite for the entire area though ^^

We have also talked about implementing a Flanker variant. ( I believe there is some good

information out on what kind of data it should display )

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

Topol-m, I have taken about 50% of the design from the F-16, since the

Eagle, it should be at least as sophisticated and useful in the mfds as the F-16

for a2a ;). (And considering what I have seen on picture from the F-15 mpcd,

it definitely is!!!) It might also be possible that we can grab some fuel status

pages from the F-18.

Maybe GG or someone can comment on this. Why is info for the F-16 so readibly available vs. other US fighters where it is not? Did someone decide years ago to let the cat out of the bag when Falcon 4.0 was created and it's just become public info since?

Well it's the most exported fighter of the US i think.

So many countries have used (and are still using) it.

GG prob has a more detailed answer,

but there are a LOT of manuals availabel for the F-16s,

especially the MLUs. You cna get some really nice pictures and

descriptions of radar and MFD. Even some data om missile

and seeker perormances. I think these things arent available

for the F-15. More expesnive fighter, more classified....Just guessing here :)

for a2a ;)

That`s exactly what i was thinking. At least we can have what we think the real F-15 must have (judging from the available info on other US fighters).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like Yoda said, it is a very widely exported fighter.

Notice however that:

The newest MLU manuals are not available to my knowledge, and the existing MLU manuals, while providing an 'operator's manual', lack in truly classified information that you could find in a -34 or -34-1-1.

The F-15C, being largely a domestic product which is updated on a practically monthly basis, (yes they actually try new things with radar software on it all that time - you could call it a field mod I guess), and being the premiere USAF BVR fighter, has knowledge about it far more tightly controlled.

In particular you'll find that in a lot of aircraft the datalinks are shrouded in secrecy. For every bit of info you find out about a given datalink, there's 10 details you won't know, especially when it comes to ECM and ECCM, but also the data transfered, as well as how that data may be acted on, thus keeping certain aircraft capabilities secret.

If you compared USAF F-16 capabilities with MLU capabilities you'd also likely find the USAF ones more capable in certain details.

Maybe GG or someone can comment on this. Why is info for the F-16 so readibly available vs. other US fighters where it is not? Did someone decide years ago to let the cat out of the bag when Falcon 4.0 was created and it's just become public info since?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And also keep in mind that sometimes, things just get leaked.

That is the reason we have some ideas about the AIM-120A, as well as certain knowledge about JDAM usage.

In the latter especially, there were some interesting 'wow that's so simple and it just makes sense' things that you just normally wouldn't think of.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yoda, is there any possibility this mod to run parallel to FC but on one monitor? In the down left side of the screen and still to to allow interaction. I find this more practical at least untill a way is found to replace the in game MPCD with the Master`s advanced one :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]