JTAC Willie Pete / WP Smoke Marker color change

Doum76

Greetings guys,

I want to know if anyone knows how we can change the color of the Smoke Marker poped by JTAC? I'm having a hard time on my screen 1st to see it, and second, to take it appart from chemney's smoke color. I'm trying to make a JSGME mod, but i'm getting lost in all the lua files which one can be edited not to affect all white smokes over the place, i tried what mentionned in the below linl, but doesn't seem to work anymore, it stays White....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=79246

Couldn't find the proper way to only change colors for the smokemarker, but was able to modify it's intensity and size, no test so far on other stuff to see what it changes besides smoke marker, still working on it, but so far the default and mod one will alow being see further and higher up... I'm trying to affect only smoke marker made from JTACS

Edited by Doum76

WP is white, so realistically, that's the only choice. It stands for White Phosphorous - in case you're wondering.

You can tell it apart from chimney smoke cuz there is no chimney at it's base, and it'll appear where the target is.

Don't you think you'd be better off trying to cope with reality, rather than distorting it? The way to make things easier is to turn on labels if you are having issues, and bear in mind that if you progress to multiplayer engagements, any of these cheats will not get past the integrity checks of the servers anyway.

Basically, what I an saying is maybe you need to come at the problem from a different angle, and try to work with the drawbacks and overcome them instead of moving the goalposts?

WP is white, so realistically, that's the only choice. It stands for White Phosphorous - in case you're wondering.

You can tell it apart from chimney smoke cuz there is no chimney at it's base, and it'll appear where the target is.

Don't you think you'd be better off trying to cope with reality, rather than distorting it? The way to make things easier is to turn on labels if you are having issues, and bear in mind that if you progress to multiplayer engagements, any of these cheats will not get past the integrity checks of the servers anyway.

Basically, what I an saying is maybe you need to come at the problem from a different angle, and try to work with the drawbacks and overcome them instead of moving the goalposts?

Yep i know white is realistic, but my goal was the fast my screen resolution and size and pixel limitation ain't much realistic to my eye resolution in RL and not seing anything doesn't add any fun to the sim, so, either i change stuff from realistic or not have any fun and was my time looking for something, anyways, lots of people zoom in in cockpit, which is not even realistic either, i just want to avoid zooming to avoid another keybinding :)

If i'd want to stick ti reality, i would have bigger screen, more than one tiled together or simply get myself the Occulus, but for now, i got to deal with what i have and getting a WP mark makes me look for it for over 5 minutes, sometimes even in F2 viewx because i get more detailed than in cockpit viewm so yep i'd rather stay with reality, but anyways we have model enlargement in the sim to counter pixel limitation, had no choice to use it either. :)

As for the server stuff, the only public server i go to is VA, which is not often and, first time i did didn't get any IC faillure so far, as for the other servers i mainly only fly with friends which we create our owns missions, so basicly setting up IC won't be an issue.

Edited by Doum76

Very true Doum.

Coloured smoke is in the inventory of most armed forces anyway, but by definition, it then isn't WP.

I hope you find a satisfactory way to deal with it.

Lol yeah until i for sure get the job i'm going today for a trying day to see if i'm doing the deed, and i get the job, so i eventualy allow myself to buy a way better and bigger new sscreen/screens or Occulus, this bigger WP smoke marker will help me not swear like hell and escaping the sim :) I rather see it from the distance than flying 500 ft away and getting shot to see the mark unfortunately. And to be honest, speaking of realistic, in summer time, i'Ve never seen so many chimey smoking than in DCS. ;)

Eastern Block heavy industry maybe? I suspect the changes 2.5 will bring to the table will affect smoking chimneys. I don't remember seeing any at all in 2.0.

You're right, well for sure, there is not much in NTTR lol :P