TrackIR

MVSokie

I was not sure where this should go, I have been having issues with TrackIR working in the P-51, I look left or right and it stops at about the 7 and 4 o'clock position and the movement seems off all around, I at first thought this was on my end but after flying the P-51 I tried flying a MIG-21 instead and the TrackIR stopped moving all together, or so I thought, the software for TrackIR shows it moving just fine but in DCS it is not, twice I have used the P-51 with same bad results and then the MIG-21 and the head movement stopped, but restarting DCS fixed it but only in the MIG-21. this only happens when I go from P-51 to another plane without exiting the whole game. I hope i am making sense.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try deleting the TrackIR.diff.lua found in; your drive:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\input\what ever aircraft\trackir.

Also, try to pause the Track IR before starting the game and only unpause when in the cockpit.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It's a limitation which appeared with the latest update for 1.5.4 OB. Already discussed here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169438

You can get rid of it, by using default 1.5.3 trackIR config file, for example from here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2822725&postcount=134

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

there is still an issue when I use trackir in the P-51, in the pit I see a message that says "headtracker disabled" but my head movement seems unaffected until I choose another plane, it no longer works then, my trackir window shows movement just fine, I have to shut DCS down and restart to get it to work again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

there is still an issue when I use trackir in the P-51, in the pit I see a message that says "headtracker disabled" but my head movement seems unaffected until I choose another plane, it no longer works then, my trackir window shows movement just fine, I have to shut DCS down and restart to get it to work again.

There is not really a big fix for this issue expect the solution from Art-J. I guess ED is working or changing something for the TrackIR views to get it more realistic or worse? :D

Because I don't know if it's a bug or something as it has been mentioned in earlier updates and it's still not working correctly.

Anyway try this fix and you should get the normal view back without the exterior head movement and the cockpit view issues.

I had issues with my TrackIR in the P-51 with todays update to the Final Release. When I checked my Track IR settings they had revertted to "Default" profile as opposed to my normal A-10C profile. I also noted in the GUI under "Controls" that TRackIR "Yaw" was missing. I reset to my regular profile in TrackIR and added the missing commands in the GUI "Controls" section and now all appears to be working . One point I noticed with TrackIR settings after the change in the views "over the shoulder". I moved my slider in "Axis Tune" to negative (-) settings in both Yaw and Pitch and now I have it is giving me better, less limiting six-O'clock views. Might try that.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

OTS Movements were verified to be working on All Aircraft,

What behavior are you seeing?

Also when TrackIR loses tracking (ie turn your head too far and camera blue led turns off), it will pause headtracker in game until it receives telemetry again from the trackir driver.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

while in the P-51 I never lost movement, but I did see a message pop up "head tracking disabled" after I left the P-51 and chose another aircraft there was no movement in game, trackir window still showed movement. only way to get it to work after that was to restart DCS. I can recreate this issue at will so its not random, and a buddy I fly with had this same issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you try pause/unpause...

I will try to re-produce tonight.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Before installing today's update, I was flying the P-51D with the fix linked in post#3 http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...&postcount=134 implemented.

Later, I checked the update description 27"]DCS 1.5.4 Post#27 07-08-2016, 04:16 PM post and found nothing which would lead me to believe that the issue had been addressed in the update.

After the updating, I re-implemented the fix immediately, without checking if there might have been some changed, which wasn't documented, or which I might have overlooked.

With the fix linked in post#3 implemented, I could not discern a difference from before the update. For me at least the fix in post#3 is still valid.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I've noticed a diferent feel from TIR with the 1.54 update. It works, but response changed. What I'm used to is gone and I'm having to re-train my expectations.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Personally, I was confused with new protocol, but after an hour I realized most of us were, up until 1.5.4. turning our heads around cockpit like that girl from that horror movie. 90 degrees limit straight up feels more real, given that you do have a seat behind your head. Overall it feels more realistic to me. Just need few hours of practice.

I vote for the new protocol. :D

Did you try start/stop hotkey from tracking software?

Also, I think I've noticed well that DCS tells us when trackIR stops working, but doesn't when it starts again (screen notifications). It just continues working. Tho' I am using an unsupported tracker software to be honest.

Edited by Pitot

Don't ask, here's the answer: 95% of my posts are edited because I have OCD.

• 2 weeks later...
I've noticed a diferent feel from TIR with the 1.54 update. It works, but response changed. What I'm used to is gone and I'm having to re-train my expectations.

Yep same here buddy, my friend also noticed this.

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

I'm still using the fix posted by Art-J in post#3 of this thread. Still works for me just fine :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Overall it feels more realistic to me.

It feels more unrealistic to me... The view upwards is heaviliy limited now which makes eyballing ground targets in a turn difficult just to mention one problem. IRL I have both Mk I Neck and Mk I Eyeballs to help me look around. With the new TiR functionality my field of view is way too limited. Do not like it all all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64