DCS: Black Shark Producer Notes Compilation

Wags

Maybe Fighter Ops could learn something.... XD

Hey they updated Last year, What more do you want ;)

Though since I'm a chopper fan, I don't think I'm gonna be intrested in anything else than BS and its modules for the next Decade. :D

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Reviewing the producer´s notes about the Black Shark i had noticed one thing that are disturbing me.

Most of the videos shown the Ka-50 in a " perfect" autohover. No movement along in any axis. No speed, no oscilations, no bank, yaw, or pitch. It is a perfect no movement at all hover.

Asking a squad mate ( a real Chinook pilot of our FAMET- Ground Army Aeromobile Forces ) about this told me that the perfect hover does not exist, in his experience of course. No AFCS, nor autopilot are able to fix an helicopter in the air without movement at all in any axis or speed.

There will be always little movements to be corrected, by the autopilot or hte AFCS, or by the pilot in manual mode, but a slight lateral-forward movemement, very slight but real, will be corrected constantly.

My question is. The AFCS-Autopilot system is able in the real Ka-50 to fix the heli in a perfect autohover? The simulated Ka-50 Advance flight model is near enough to the real Ka-50 in this question?.

I dont know anything about helicopter flight dynamics but i am very interested in this " perfect autohover" capability of the Ka-50. True like real life or a friendship system for our limited piloting capabilities?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Yes but also in perfect meteo conditions the " perfect " autohover are disturbing me. Several mini corrections would be necesary in each axis IMHO. I am talking about an AFCS or autopilot doing corrections ( yes very very little corrections in ideal meteo conditions ) , or if the perfect fix position is like real life, movements of the cyclic and collective inside the cockpit ( but the Ka-50 fixed ) ( Also i cant see inside the cockpit what is happen )

I dont know if the Ka-50 are able to do that, If the answer is yes, no problem. I can live with autohover on ( easier combate life, less headaches and arms pain ) but if the answer is no, why are in the videos so " fixed " the position of the chopper?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Don´t ask a question, that can´t be answered until it will be deleted - but ill try it again.

Autohovering is very dynamic (sorry for my bad english)! Par example - im only looking at my stick and the Shark moves on (not really) -but you have to trim the choper all the time and im thinking in the producers notes (maybe) there was a simple flight model or it was perfect trimmed. And in the heat of the fight you will not be dying by enemy fire, you will be dying by terminating your Shark by yourself - thats momently just my experience....

Edited by WRFirefox

I dont know if the Ka-50 are able to do that, If the answer is yes, no problem. I can live with autohover on ( easier combate life, less headaches and arms pain ) but if the answer is no, why are in the videos so " fixed " the position of the chopper?
I heard a joke about Ka-50 sometime ago. You can park it in front of the shop in autohover and you could jump off to do some shopping. When you get it will be still in same place. But it's a legend rather than reality ;). Don't know really.

Don´t ask a question, that can´t be answered until it will be deleted - but ill try it again.

Sorry, dont understand this...

Reviewing again the videos i had noticed that in the ABRIS GS-Ground Speed are moving 1 kph up or down and the altitud 1 to 4 meters more or less. But i cant notice this in the heli.

But with the limited inside view and no cues outside is very hard to tell if the Ka-50 is moving.

Maybe the AFCS and the autopilot are masterclass pieces of equipment, and this perfect autohover ability seeing in the videos is real.

Good joke, Poko, but if you left your chooper running, maybe someone could stole it XDDD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There will be always little movements to be corrected, by the autopilot or hte AFCS, or by the pilot in manual mode, but a slight lateral-forward movemement, very slight but real, will be corrected constantly.

I don't know what might cause forward movement, but one problem of helicopters with tail rotor is the side thrust generated by the tail rotor, which results in lateral movement when trying to maintain a stable hover position. The thrust has to be compensated by inclining the main rotor. This effect does not occur on coaxial helicopters.

Reviewing again the videos i had noticed that in the ABRIS GS-Ground Speed are moving 1 kph up or down and the altitud 1 to 4 meters more or less. But i cant notice this in the heli.

The GPS system has a hard time providing accurate data when the aircraft is not moving, hence the errors. The same effects can be seen when the aircraft is parked on the ground.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

And the conclusion is? The autohover without movement is a real feature of the Ka-50 traslated to the sim or a help for better control for us?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The auto-hover is realistic. It does not rely on the GPS system, but instead on the Doppler Speed and Drift Indicator ("DISS"). Basically, it is a doppler radar that points down to the ground to determine aircraft motion. In some cases, it has a hard time providing accurate measurements also.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

This is the DISS system?

Sinttulo-1-3.jpg

Well, i need to tell that to my squad mate, maybe now he wants to change the Chinnok for a Ka-50, and buy some cookies in autohover near a supermarket. XDD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Mi 24 has a similar system on its tailboom, I think it is the radar altimeter (that is the radar, not the instrument).

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

I'm don't have idea how is on KA-50 but on hind DISS is for:

-automatic countinously measure and indicate true speed helicopter and angle of wind(angle of derivation ?) during route flight or route autopilot flight.

-measure and indicate vector of speed during hover or autohover.

...also count coordinates "where you are" showing on cartographer indicator

this works like GPS but showing only limit area of flight.

ps.Sorry for my technical english.

Edited by CYGAN apa.sq
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any info when the note #10 will be available as downloadable file in high quality (because youtube sucks! ;) )?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Any info when the note #10 will be available as downloadable file in high quality (because youtube sucks! ;) )?

And youtube is also banned in some networks so i'd love a direct DL too :)

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Many thanks to the Dev team for these videos. I asked for this to be done a LONG time ago and we are very Happy you did! THANK YOU!!

Edited by emenance

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/