Latest Update Requires All Key Codes Again

mrmertz

Is this normal? It keeps using my activations up. I though purchasing and originally having the key codes entered through the store would log them within DCS somewheres in association to my computer. Guess not.

Is there something I failed to enter when purchased? All the codes showed up when purchased to the right of the modules.

Just a pain to have to keep re entering codes once there is an update.

Thanks.

Did you do any hardware change?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I never had to enter serial keys after updates either,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

In another Thread someone lists files that changed with the patch.

Link: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2286071&postcount=16

Thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2286071#post2286071

Many *_protect.dll or .exe did change with the update. Aren't these connected with the activation mechanic?

Example:

Modified : /Mods/aircraft/A-10C/bin/a10_protect.dll

Modified : /Mods/aircraft/A-10C/bin/a10_protect.exe

The dll and exe files are always recompiled with every update and thus need to be downloaded.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

The dll and exe files are always recompiled with every update and thus need to be downloaded.

Indeed, in fact, in our testing repositories, these change once or twice a day but we never have to reenter a key.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Here's all I know.

1. I purchased a bunch of aircraft including Combined Arms (okay, "modules") directly through DCS at their store.

2. Transaction went through them all fine, printed receipt.

3. Entered mailing address, name, etc. and each appeared to check the computer they were being loaded too such as hardware and some such stuff.

4. Upon examining the Module Manager it shows under "installed" tab everything checked, with serial numbers listed to the right, except for my Hawk (which was gifted) and of course the SU-25 and the TF-51D that are free.

5. All I did was start DCS, it checked for updates, saw that there was one, did the auto updates and right after window after window began to pop up asking for all the serial numbers once again for every module purchased. This is right after the update, not creating a mission or going training or anything like that.

Wow. On my other flight sim 777 RoF you just purchase the aircraft, if there are updates to the sim it does it and your done and go flying with the aircraft you have purchased. Done.

Shouldn't DCS after it approves the purchase and downloads the module and assigns it to your

computer even after activating the module already know it's yours whether there's an update or not? I guess I have no clue as to how they have their software activation/assognments operate.

Oh well, not looking forward to another update....15 minutes of inputting the same serial numbers again, and again....!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Pardon typos...thanks ladies and gents.

Sometimes a module asks me to enter the key again as well. But those were so far only cases where I got bored with the loading time of a mission and tabbed out to the desktop - to do something else. And if it happens, that I type something (like here, or email, etc.) and hit THE SHIFT KEY, the DRM popup comes up. Yes, it is a bit of an annoyance that the hotkey for that popup is the shift key ...

Maybe you experienced a similar coincidence?

It shouldn't ask you to re enter any keys or anything like that...

Want Antivirus software do you have and the last system check?

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45