Activations burning up

Inrideo

I just put together my new computer, and activated my modules.

I had only installed them the one time previously on the old computer.

During the activations, instead of seeing 9 left from the previous 10, I saw a decreasing count.

At least Flaming Cliffs didn't seem to count against the numbers.

Shouldn't the expected behavior be that each module counts down activations independently?

Running under Win 8.1 now, with DCS on Steam.

Edited by Inrideo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

T.Flight HOTAS | Custom DIY Cyclic and Collective | AMD FX8350 | 16GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 2x 128 GB SSD | NVidia 1080

Hello? Anyone from ED read this forum?

Why would my Huey install, for example, drop from the initial 10 activations to 7 activations left when I was only installing it again for the second time?

I despise StarForce activation, from their past history of damaging cd-rom drives, and can't see myself buying any future products if this is how it's going to work.

edit: PS. I'm griping because I *want* to get more stuff, and already have steam wallet funds earmarked for the Ultimate Argument.

Edited by Inrideo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

T.Flight HOTAS | Custom DIY Cyclic and Collective | AMD FX8350 | 16GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 2x 128 GB SSD | NVidia 1080

When you log in at the ED website and go to Personal Section -> Licensing you can enter your serial key. It will show you a protocol of all your activations at the bottom of the page. Maybe you find something there where/when your activations were spent.

Thanks Flagrum! That was quite useful :)

It looks like the missing activations occurred some time ago, likely during an update. Strangely it's showing changes in the hardware key last year, even though there weren't any changes after my initial install until I got my SSD and then replaced the whole computer, both of which happened after the date showing the prior activation.

Anyway it looks like I only have one mystery activation per affected product. That's a handy page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]