Capt_Zeen_KA50 HELIOS PROFILE V1.01 NIGHT OPERATIONS

Hello all!

I just commited to my site the NIGHT OPERATIONS version v1.01 of the ka50 profiles, for 16:9 and 16:10 monitor users

You can now fly the ka50 on night missions using this profile version, designed to look like the cockpit illuminated width the blue lights and the labels on.

Fixed some issues due a helios bug on the tactical charts, and some minor adjusts. You can see the change log on the web

hope you like it!

profile site:

http://www.miguelangelcarrillo.com/micky/helios

you can follow the post here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122629

Hi,

I've never got deep into the helios software before. And after a quick glance look at their site I'd like to ask a very basic question.

For this to work (your profile specifically) the bare minimum would be to have a second (touch capable) monitor? Or is there some additional specific hardware required?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I've never got deep into the helios software before. And after a quick glance look at their site I'd like to ask a very basic question.

For this to work (your profile specifically) the bare minimum would be to have a second (touch capable) monitor? Or is there some additional specific hardware required?

You only need a second monitor, doesn't matter if is touch capable or not, you can use the profile width the mouse aswell.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fantastic profile Capt Zeen, although I can't seem to download the regular 16:10 version (got the night one), keep getting "temporary error" from Mega; does it need to be uploaded again?

Edit: Don't seem to be able to rep you :(

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Fantastic profile Capt Zeen, although I can't seem to download the regular 16:10 version (got the night one), keep getting "temporary error" from Mega; does it need to be uploaded again?

Edit: Don't seem to be able to rep you :(

Link fixed!

Thanks for the advice!

Dont know how rep works, but you are he second persons that tell me the same. I am going to take a look.

• Like 1

Regarding rep, posts older than a couple of weeks (I think) cannot be repped. If someone is trying to rep your first post in this thread, that is the likely reason.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Regarding rep, posts older than a couple of weeks (I think) cannot be repped. If someone is trying to rep your first post in this thread, that is the likely reason.

Good call; was trying to rep his reply from the 24th but tried again with his reply from yesterday and that worked.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had any issues with installing this since the DCS update changed the file structure from "aircrafts" to "aircraft"? I ask because after I successfully created the Helios profile, I went into the provided "DCS Monitor Configuration" file, copied over the "2_monotors-KA50.lua to the DCS World/Config/Monitorsetup file, then I opened up the supplied "Mods" folder and went thru it until i found the KA-50 sub folder, and copied that and allowed overwrite in the "aircraft" folder. I did this because this current file still has "aircrafts" (instead of the now aircraft folder) as the directory".

DCS will not start up at all after this, I click on the icon, and the little black box opens right away, then nothing else pops up? I did a DCS repair, it did some work, but did NOT fix the problem?

Fortunately I do image backups before I mess with this stuff, so I am back to a prior image and all is well. I just dont know why DCS wont startup after I insall these files. I am presuming it has everything to do with me overwrite the existing KA-50 files in the 'aircraft folder though.

EDIT: Standby, Im seeing an issue,,,, will report back soon

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

The problem I had that would not allow DCS to run was the monitor config file. Something went bad when I saved the original and renamed it after some editing. I created a fresh one and all was well. i still have X & Y axis adjustments to make, but I did notice Binding issues? I only copied of the (3) files from what was provided EKRAN,PVI & UV26 as this current revision has a sub directory "aircrafts" instead of "aircraft". It is now a work in progress to get the axises aligned, Im actually more concerned with repair of a lot of the Bindings. We all know how difficult that can be in Helios,,,,

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Has anyone wound up tinkering with this profile to fix a lot of the buttons, switches, gauges that are not working? I will give it a shot over the winter, but I am no where near proficient in these matters. Just hoping someone might have an update with some repairs, thanks.

Has anyone wound up tinkering with this profile to fix a lot of the buttons, switches, gauges that are not working? I will give it a shot over the winter, but I am no where near proficient in these matters. Just hoping someone might have an update with some repairs, thanks.

Not working?

I use it almost everyday and all works correct.

Only thing i can foresee is perhaps your are using the incorrect keyboard for the selected one on the profile

Let me know whats happens to you and i can take a look.

Thanks for the response Capt Zeen,, great Profile by the way, many thanks.

Ok, so just for starters, I am in the United States and I am using the "English" setting. Without getting into the switches just yet, as you can see by the screen shot, there are a few gauges that are not exporting correctly to Helios. Can we start there, thanks.

Have you set up the install path within Helios for Black Shark? I seem to think this happened to me when it was set for the Hog.

Current install path =

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

Its not ALL the exports that are not working, is most, some actually work fine

Tone71, you helped me out here it seems. I went back into profile editor and double checked the path,, it seemed fine, but i noticed below there was a statement that the export.lua needed to be updated and the button to the right gave me that option, so I did so and it stated all was well basically. I jumped in real quick and took a quick glance and I know that some of the gauges that were not working before now are. I will have to run this through to check switches etc but it seems you led me down the correct path so far,,, many thanks!

Glad I could help. I must also take this opportunity to thank Capt Zeen for his most excellent profiles.

KNOWN ISSUES

Despite everything works nicely, there are some minor known issues, for some reason some inputs from DCS dont work anymore:

-Fire extinguishers Work/Off/Test Guard, dont have input from DCS, but works fine from Helios.

-Fire extinguishers Test Indicator switch, dont have input from DCS, but works fine from Helios.

-Inu Update switch, only position one give input from DCS, but works fine from Helios.

-Engines throttle levers, dont have input from DCS, but works fine from Helios.

-Abris power switch, dont have input from DCS, but works fine from Helios.

Assuming the known issues are up to date, the only real problems I am experiencing are the switches that have many positions. I cannot swipe them to the intended positions? Take the TOP PANEL for example, if I try and swipe the toggle to the right for the “NAV LIGHT” to set it for 100%, it simply wont move over there unless I keep tapping on the 100% label itself, eventually it works its way over there but it takes a lot of presses and each press does not necessarily produce a result, so I’m basically fumbling with it. This is pretty much the result of all the switches that have the same characteristics, like the windshield wiper, formation lighting, engine / apu selector etc. My guess is that Im not alone on this due to the complexity of the bindings etc, I don’t suppose anyone is able to put their finger on the toggle switch itself and move it to the location they desire with one stroke.

On another note, I noticed the “DT” & “DH” are in the wrong order compared to the cockpit, is this an easy fix? Not being picky, I would really like to try and figure out how to work on these bindings etc, I had a lot of experience many years ago with this stuff when doing my A-10 profile, but I have long since forgotten how to do it. I would need to relearn, and have no issue with that. A few quick tips would be helpful in launching that endeavor :}

Many Thanks again Capt Zeen,,, excellent work to say the least,,,

If i remember well all the 2 or 3 position switches are configured as "swipe" click mode, and the rotarys and more complex switches are configured as "touch" mode.

I am using a not touch monitor, so width the mouse i feel more confortable clicking on those rotarys instead of swiping.

In any case, you can change it, very easy, in the Touch click type, (touch or swipe), in the properties windows of each swicth.

2 days ago i notice the DT and DH labels error, yes, this is incorrect, need to be DH (up) and DT (down).

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Thank you sir for the feedback, most appreciated indeed!

Ok,, so the 1st switch I changed to swipe was the Nav lights on the top panel,,, worked very well except it will NOT go to the "Morse" position at all. It swipes very well from off to 100? What would be the problem here?

Heres another example of a switch that will not move. Its the UV-26 switch, it does not move. See snapshot of current binding. I am new to this so bear with me. It seems that the binding it should be looking for should read something like " set uv-26 cmd operate in black shark 2" But I can not find such a command. maybe Im wrong, but the switch cover opens, but the switch wont move?