pilot body? in future patch?

hannibal

I would hope it's an option. I prefer no pilot body.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I don't want a pilot body either. It will block some gauges and switches.

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

It's an option in the Shark and Mustang. Doubt this is a priority for ED though.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

While I get the fact that it's easier to see some gauges, I always thought it looks ridiculous having the empty seat.

There is a hotkey to toggle the pilot, so that wouldn't really be an issue.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

i hope ED/TFC will incorporate a pilot body for all the aircraft, including this A-10C...

any word from the developers?

+1

there is a setting now in option for showing the pilot when available... (granted... not working yet... I still need to press the key for pilot in Ka-50...) and maybe this (the new setting) means pilots will be introduced in the pits.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The pilot body is a silly option since it hides all the gauges and controls. Also when you look at 6:00 you see your own headless body.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I think in picture and every missing visual things is a complete immersion killer for me, mainly no body on the seat which is not logic at all...

So i can only agree with that !

But in BS1 we was able to toggle pilot body on/off, and it was removed for BS2, i don't know why, so it can make think that ED are not positive with the idea of pilot body, but the P51D Mustang have one, so its a complete non sense of why ED don't include it...

Anyway the best thing will be the possibility to have it, those who don't like it, simply don't enabled it, and it permit to everyone who want to have it !

In the mustang i always enabled it except when i need to see something behind a gauge, i disable then re-enable it.

Think that is should not be (re)implemented its like thinking that Oculus Rift support should not be in the game since (like ED state before) we can't see keyboard buttons while wearing Oculus rift...Yes but i don't think that every HOTAS Warthog owner that have an Oculus Rift are against this implementation.

It seam logic that the body will be "optional" like it is on the Mustang, so their is no reason to refuse it !

And for avoid ED's 3D artist to work on it rather than others projects, well just allow unofficial 3D creation to become part of the game, after all RICARDO have become a ED partners !

And we NEED better kneeboard with custom page PER MISSIONS and PER AIRCRAFT, some will use it for remember startup sequence/put emergency procedure (mainly with all the new aircraft that was released and those planed), notes and others memo, flight plan or simply payload, and having a kneeboard that float over the seat or appear on the screen and NEED to be toggle is not a good idea, togglable body that have kneeboard which will be also toggle (like in the Mustang) will be a nice solution !

After all we already have 3D pilot body (when you eject) that can be see on first person without animation/3D model issue.

+ it will be the best opportunity to include something like the PeterP's Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96116

And if like SharpeXB state, it can be bad for some people to see headless body when we look at our 6, some feel exactly the same with no body under the head, the fix will be to make the body moving with the camera, of course it require an animation, but if the body work with a skeleton based animation, a single will be necessary for every aircraft, and not really an animation since it move under 3 DOF with our camera control unlike landing gear or P51D ejection which are both animations, its a "camera controlled moving skeleton animation" sorry but if its not clear but i don't see others way to explain it !

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

I would pay extra if there was a 3D pilot that could be toggled on/off in any module/plane. :) Adds to the immersion tremendously.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

yes... pay extra to have the body (not the plane), would still need to be optional and Off by default :)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

But in BS1 we was able to toggle pilot body on/off, and it was removed for BS2, i don't know why...

Um, the pilot body is still available in BS2; try pressing "Right Alt + P". You can change the kneeboard pictures too:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129400

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Um, the pilot body is still available in BS2; try pressing "Right Alt + P". You can change the kneeboard pictures too:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129400

Hope, their is no Pilot Body in BS2, or it was reintroduced some 2/3 month ago then...

And yes, but this is a MOD, and every mod in DCS come to be useless after 2/3 patch cause ED change for idk what reason everything in the way the sim work (without really improve it by the way) every patch...

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

They should add it to all planes the way it is in TF-51D, you can toggle on/off in game while flying without having to go into any menu screen, just press a button or the default key combination and your body comes and goes like magic, simple as that, and since they will add skeleton animation, i believe the update to the pilot models is coming anyway. Although they look really bad now, even the more recent ones still looks very robotic. The parachute animations, not too much to say, they need urgent upgrade, cause they are ridiculous now, completely outdated, at least the FC3 fighters.

Additionally, as an immersion feature, they should add the ability to go in and out of your aircraft while in the ground and on the parking lot, with complete animations going in and out the aircraft, some don't even care about this, but you got to admit, this would be awesome!! Go out of your plane and inspect it, see how much damage you took in battle while you wait for the repair, the weapons loaded on the pylons, and just admire your beautiful bird, as ED is making an outstanding job with the fighter models. As an example of that, you can almost "do this" on TF-51D, by just being on the ground with the canopy open and bail out of your plane, and you get almost the idea, except that you can't get inside again, and this even with your engines running. Just with a better "man control" like those ones from first person shooters.

What do you say hum?

Hope, their is no Pilot Body in BS2, or it was reintroduced some 2/3 month ago then...

And yes, but this is a MOD, and every mod in DCS come to be useless after 2/3 patch cause ED change for idk what reason everything in the way the sim work (without really improve it by the way) every patch...

Nope, pilot body has always been there for BS2. Not sure what you mean about mods, the ones I use work fine; are you using JSGME to manage your mods, or copying your Backup folder across after every patch?

Some like the Pilot Body, some don't... optional ( OFF by default ) is fine

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Nope, pilot body has always been there for BS2. Not sure what you mean about mods, the ones I use work fine; are you using JSGME to manage your mods, or copying your Backup folder across after every patch?

Strange, i have try to find the control for pilot body since basically BS2 was release and i have never see it on the controls...

And i mean that ED basically change a lot of things every patch, too much in fact and some mods stop to work, modder are sometimes forced to almost rewrite completely mods for almost each new version of DCS, it happen for almost every mods, PeterP have done a kneeboards mods, and it just don't work with newer versions, it have too much issues...

Or example from here : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2116018&postcount=40

However, the 1.2.8 version totally messed up the plane reaction, and for flying purpose we had to go back to 1.2.7.

It happen everytimes in DCS, so mods are not a viable long term solution.

Anyway, like Wolf Rider say, it should be present (since it make no sense to not have it) but optional and off by default, but still be togglable like it is for the P51D/TF51D Mustang !