Logitech 3D Pro HOTAS: My setup (ALWAYS MAP YOUR HOTAS!)

Harpoon

Preferrably with labels for which is which. I used to suck at the A-10C before I mapped my HOTAS system to my joystick, now it's much easier piloting it, especially in combat situations! :thumbup:

Now, I'm sure some of you have a 3D Pro joystick (Logitech), and I'm also pretty sure you know it's basic compared to these 100+ currency joysticks that have all of those buttons. As such, you can't map most of your HOTAS if you don't use a head tracking device for turning your head in-game. If you're wondering what my current HOTAS setup is, it's a cheap one (The 3D Pro only has 12 buttons); I only have the DMS, China Hat, and Coolie Switch mapped.

Setup:

China Hat: Forward = Btn 7, Aft = Btn 8 (used for SPI and other minor operations)

Coolie Switch: Down = Btn 6, Up = Btn 5, Left = Btn 3, Right = Btn 4 (Used for SOI and MFCD page switching)

DMS: Aft = Btn 9, Forward = Btn 10, Left = Btn 11, Right = Btn 12 (Used mostly for operations involving TGP's, I use them a lot.)

The hat switch is reserved for head panning, and Btn 1 and 2 are reserved for the GAU-8 firing mechanism and pickle, respectively.

It's really a lot better than memorizing the keyboard shortcuts and trying to fly, one hand on the joystick and one hand on the keyboard. :megalol:

Just for clarification, I do indeed have a TrackIR setup, but it's completely disassembled ATM and I would have to get it all set up again.

Edited by Harpoon
clarification

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

You do know that you can map your buttons in conjunction with hat switch? So button 8 + hat switch for trim, btn9 + hat switch for DMS, btn 10 + hat switch for moving the TGP etc? :) I can post my config, I really rarely use the keyboard - only for engines and numpad to put coordinates in CDU..

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

You do know that you can map your buttons in conjunction with hat switch? So button 8 + hat switch for trim, btn9 + hat switch for DMS, btn 10 + hat switch for moving the TGP etc? :) I can post my config, I really rarely use the keyboard - only for engines and numpad to put coordinates in CDU..

Cool, thanks :)

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Hey!

I'd love to see that config, I just tried but it caused all kinds of conflicts.

Deceter,

While you're awaiting a response, you may want to give this profile a try. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=81116

I've been using it for awhile now and it's an absolutely awesome set-up for a stick like the 3D pro!

You know what!

Right after I posted that I found that page!

Yep, all working great after that instruction guide.

It's not perfect but it'll do me until I learn some more and save for a TM Warthog.

Thanks!