Tutorial for Mission Editor

Ramrod_45

I would recommend starting with the Black Shark GUI manual.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&product_sid=DCS-BS_GUI_Manual_EN&end_pos=2199〈=en

Between Blackshark and Warthog nearly everything from the BS GUI manual is relevant except for how you assign targets for AI. This has changed, although in most cases AI will still engage targets within close proximity. The new stuff is covered to an extent in the "New AI Task System" manual found in the games Doc folder.

Triggers haven't really changed much, we just got some new conditions and actions. Their functions are pretty self explanatory, however some may not be functional in the current beta build.

Pro-tips:

Start Simple

Experiment and play with it also.

Everything you learn can be used as a building block for future mission ideas.

Test with just AI as much as possible, but if you must test stuff via flying the A-10, always start in the air, it saves SO much time.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Ramrod, somebody broke out the Mission Editor section of the Black Shark manual and posted it online. If I can find it tomorrow I'll link it in this thread for you. It's my bible at the moment, along with the doc Grimes mentioned, although that is written in very Russian English.

Hey Grimes, I'm hoping to get my teeth into the A-10 ME and am having great fun building my first mission in the Beta. I have a lot of experience making scenarios for hi-fi combat sims (Steel Beasts, ArmA2, Falcon AF, etc.) but this is my first experience with mission design in the LOMAC/BS/A-10 family. I'm impressed so far, it's a steep learning curve but nothing like ArmA.

Testing with AI is really sound advice; I have found you never get enough done if you insist on participating in every test-run.

In case you are interested,

is a vid I made of my first small A-10 mission.

I hope you don't mind if I friend you here, as you are obviously very experienced and I'm bound to have questions...although I promise not to be a pain in the neck about it.

The GUI manual is currently being translated to English from Russian. When complete, it will be included in a beta version release.

That is great news. Thank you sir. :thumbup:

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous