DCS WWII: Europe 1944

funny ? i hope not :noexpression:

i hope it is dead serious, coz i hope they will bring a lot of WWII aircrafts with SFM quickly :thumbup: for DCSW instead to bring only a few aircrafts slowly with AFM :cry:

one question guys: is RRG studios = 777 studios ? or not ? :dunno:

RRG seems to have been around for quite a number of years now (pre Pacific Fighters?)... at least, as a sideline to MG

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny ? i hope not :noexpression:

i hope it is dead serious, coz i hope they will bring a lot of WWII aircrafts with SFM quickly :thumbup: for DCSW instead to bring only a few aircrafts slowly with AFM :cry:

one question guys: is RRG studios = 777 studios ? or not ? :dunno:

RRG has nothing to do with 777.

RRG is Luthier's own "studio". It was formed initially to do work for the original IL2, and they were working on a Korean War sim based on the now derailed CloD engine. They stopped work on "Project Galba" to try to put CloD in order after 1C, not UBI, demanded a release, after Oleg left the party.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature" - T.E. Lawrence

I hope the new engine EDGE will improve the accuracy of the sim physics some. Right now the GAU-8 with its massive 30mm doesn't move the tanks at all. New physics will be needed to accurately model the ability of American pilots to flip WWII tanks with the weight of fire from the .50cal's.

Tanks flipping over from bullets? What?

SFM? No thank's. Quality rather then Quantity for me.

That. The only reason I bought FC3 was because AFM's are coming. And still, the simplified avionics is not interesting to me. So I guess my only use of FC3 will be some aerobatic routines with AFM Su-27 and that's about it.

Honestly, last thing I want in DCS is more SFM planes. If they don't plan clickable cockpits (sadly, I always wanted to fly full-DCS IL-2), then I hope at least for AFM.

However, it's exciting to hear that another gang is onboard. I wish them best of luck and hope they will bring us some nice addons! :thumbup:

SFM? No thank's. Quality rather then Quantity for me.

beleive me i would like to use AFM rather than SFM but as we see making AFM much more longer - i guess 100+ times - than making SFM

so if you got 50 years to wait for only dozen of AFMs of WWII aircrafts: it's up to you guys

and im not talking about those numbers of flyable planes same as in IL2 - those will need 100+ years with AFM in DCSW :cry:

and in an online dogfight does not matter what we use AFM or SFM

with SFM we can get the same enjoyment and excitement however with AFM aiming will be much more harder on both side so the action will be a bit slower and more difficult - maybe less fun

(i used to play a decade in IL2)

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

I wouldn't spend a dime on any product that has Mr. Shevchenko's name in the credits.

I will judge by the final quality rather than names.

so if you got 50 years to wait for only dozen of AFMs of WWII aircrafts: it's up to you guys

I'm gonna wait then. Good things come to those who wait. Sometimes...

with SFM we can get the same enjoyment and excitement however with AFM aiming will be much more harder on both side so the action will be a bit slower and more difficult - maybe less fun

I think it will be as much as fun as before - maybe more, because many people take the flight model as part of the fun and enjoyment. Actually, many spend hours just flying formations / aerobatics / just for fun, because they enjoy the flight model so much.

I had tons of fun with LOMAC back in the day as well, but the AFM makes the experience significantly better. For me, there is no going back.

and in an online dogfight does not matter what we use AFM or SFM with SFM we can get the same enjoyment and excitement however with AFM aiming will be much more harder on both side so the action will be a bit slower and more difficult - maybe less fun (i used to play a decade in IL2)

What's the point of making it in SFM though? There's already CloD and the upcoming BOS sounds like the FM won't be very high fidelity. Most people here want to fly WW2 sims with high fidelity similar to the Mustang. DCS is about the only hope that this type of sim will be available for WW2. The whole point is that it should be challenging to fly and fight.

We still win, even if Ilya only delivers a WW2 map with lots of contemporary objects, ground units and AI planes where we can fly the DCS P-51D and DCS FW190D9 in.

Edited by tintifaxl
I love those smileys ^^

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• ED Team

You have to have all the data, or a lot of the data to make an AFM, for WWII fighters its a lot of work to acquire that, in some cases the required data doesnt exists, which is the case for a lot of Russian fighters. Now there is no reason you can have a fully functional cockpit with a FM that falls somewhere between advanced and simply. Luthier stated already that it will be up around the level of the P-51D, but personally I would purchase a group of planes (ie DCS Flaming Cliffs of Dover). We will see what they say... if he wants to bring WWII to DCS, it will take more than a fighter here or there, it will take land/sea/air and an environment fitting for them all.

I am excited to see what this brings.

What's the point of making it in SFM though? There's already CloD and the upcoming BOS sounds like the FM won't be very high fidelity. Most people here want to fly WW2 sims with high fidelity similar to the Mustang. DCS is about the only hope that this type of sim will be available for WW2. The whole point is that it should be challenging to fly and fight.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

beleive me i would like to use AFM rather than SFM but as we see making AFM much more longer - i guess 100+ times - than making SFM

and im not talking about those numbers of flyable planes same as in IL2 - those will need 100+ years with AFM in DCSW :cry:

Why do we even need so many flyable WW2 planes? I think this is the IL-2 mentality. I'd rather only have a couple of really well done aircraft with AFMs and fully clickable pits than a 1000 with a SFM.

They should keep on making only the most iconic WW2 aircraft and their definitive variants.

What's important is that they have an authentic environment and a good number of both air and ground AI units.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

This is only true for aircraft outside of your own. I don't mind fighting SFM planes, but I do mind flying them.

However there is good and bad to this. If P-51 and Fw-190 are full AFM, there would be a couple of all out options for those interested while other important aircraft can be added as SFM or AI-FM (B-17, P-47, Bf-109, etc)to increase the number of scenarios we can recreate.

Personally for me though, I'd rather go all AFM.

I disagree here. SFM is a step backwards in enjoyment and excitement. AFM is better in everyway when flying.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Tanks flipping over from bullets? What?

Many accounts from P-47 pilots that the weight of fire from x8 .50cal hammering a tank would push it off the road and flip it onto its side.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Many accounts from P-47 pilots that the weight of fire from x8 .50cal hammering a tank would push it off the road and flip it onto its side.

yeah i find that... incredibly hard to believe, since something weighing 20tons or more being pushed by bullets, seems kind of hollywood

Physics says that with all actions there is an equal and opposite reaction so that is impossible.. (OK I think we all know that a tank weighs a LOT more than any airplane, so if the force of the bullets could push a tank over, then the bullets leaving the airplane would push the entire plane backward when firing...)

Sorry folks but that one is an urban legend with no basis of fact..

Hollywood breaks this law of physics in gun battles all the time.. They show some guy getting shot with a pistol and he flies backward through the window and lands 10 feet away. BEE ESSS... If there was that much energy in the shot, the SHOOTER would be propelled backward 10 feet as well...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Why do we even need so many flyable WW2 planes? I think this is the IL-2 mentality. I'd rather only have a couple of really well done aircraft with AFMs and fully clickable pits than a 1000 with a SFM.

They should keep on making only the most iconic WW2 aircraft and their definitive variants.

What's important is that they have an authentic environment and a good number of both air and ground AI units.

Agreed!! Otherwise they would be doing IL-2 all over again. Might as well call it "IL-2: Reborn"

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Hollywood breaks this law of physics in gun battles all the time.. They show some guy getting shot with a pistol and he flies backward through the window and lands 10 feet away. BEE ESSS... If there was that much energy in the shot, the SHOOTER would be propelled backward 10 feet as well...

Well you need to account that most modern weapons are built in a way so as to absorb the energy from the shot and distribute a smaller force over a longer time instead of a very high force over a short time. All automatic or semi-automatic weapons do this to some extent. Depending on how fast the bullet decelerates in the target and the caliber, it can indeed knock someone off their feet. Of course being propelled through the air for a few meters from the impact of a handheld weapon system is over the top.

I still tend to agree that the impact force of airborne guns (except those of the spectre) are most likely not enough to move a tank.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Physics says that with all actions there is an equal and opposite reaction so that is impossible.. (OK I think we all know that a tank weighs a LOT more than any airplane, so if the force of the bullets could push a tank over, then the bullets leaving the airplane would push the entire plane backward when firing...)

Sorry folks but that one is an urban legend with no basis of fact..

That is correct. But, the tank is either stationary or moving perpendicular to the aircraft path. And the P-47 has 8 tons which are moving forward and have kinetic energy... Something like that anyway, I'm no physicist, but it's not just aircraft weight vs tank weight.

Wether it's true or not however, I wouldn't put my money on it :D

0:51 ... does not budge.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

.50 Cal Bullets cannot push a WWII Tank off the Road, nor flip it on it's side..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs