Silver_Dragon 3D modeling

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks.

I need some help with animations (arguments), and weapons. I have make some animations in the 3DS MAX and I exported them to the modelview, but, meanwhile in the modelviewer the animation work properly, into DCS: W 1.2.16, the weapons (and animations), not working.

Some help? I add a alpha version of the Pr.205U to the attack files, only need put them into the MOD > Tech directory (check if work properly on the modelviewer and how working on your DCS: W versions).

Hi Silver,

first, helpers are not well placed at the end of the barrrels.

The way you linked the barrels to the turret can also be in fault.

I can't say more at the moment as I can't inspect more with EDM format.

I've not looked at the LUA, please correct the EDM first.

Edited by Lilkiki

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, some problems with my model:

1- I unable to make my ships fire SAM or SSM missiles. I intent copy the same code of ED ships missile launchers into my Pr.205 LUA. None working. The animations and connector are correct but I don`t know what happens. That is very sad. I think has some type of hardcore code linked with ship missile operation. Some similar show when I intent make a Igla launcher in the Kilo Sub or some type of Torpedo (Missiles) on the Pr.183.

2- Someone can say as configuration the search radars animations? I make correct animations on 3DS Max and into DCS: W only show a partial animation.

3- I discover some strange with my AK-203 Pr.205 cannons operation. If I put the alone, work properly, by if I conect them with a Fire control radar, your operation has very "disturbed" and limited.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok a little video.... with some texture.

xQqMFjoAqHM

Some bugs (need help).

- Radar animation working (but only on 3 radars, missing one more (and animation and LUA has correct).

- Strangle Fire control and weapons behaviour. ( the interaction into radar and optical FC and weapons has very poor I think).

- The Manpads Igla missile system not work (and only appears 3 missiles, meanwhile, I define 4 connectors).

- Surface to surface missiles don't work or show on the ship launchers. (I define new missile 3D object, insert in the lua and check correct connectors name and placement (4 connector)).

Someone can help me explain how can make a transparent pannel to some windows carry in the model?

Attach Alpha ship Zip with EDM objects and luas (if you like test them, put into DCS: W > mod > techs directory)

PD: Sorry by the barrier language.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

SD i think problem is here:

00017.243 WARNING wWeaponSystem: invalid connector FC_Base for unit Project205U_Class

00017.243 WARNING wWeaponSystem: invalid connector Kolonka_Base for unit Project205U_Class

00017.243 WARNING wWeaponSystem: invalid connector AKF-Base for unit Project205U_Class

00017.243 WARNING wWeaponSystem: invalid connector AKA-Base for unit Project205U_Class

00017.243 ERROR wWeaponSystem: can't get angles, unit Project205U_Class, ws 6

00017.254 WARNING wWeaponSystem: invalid connector Base_Sam for unit Project205U_Class

Update:

--for radar make only 3 arg for animation

-- Igla use this Helpers name:"POINT_KORTIK_1_1", "POINT_KORTIK_1_2", "POINT_KORTIK_1_3", "POINT_KORTIK_1_4"

Edited by SVKSniper

Ok, I rename the connectors and fix the problem with the Igla launcher, but I starter to think DCS: W engine has some type of engine limitations of the naval component.

- rename all connectors with SVKSniper suggestion names and with correlative numbers but continue the problem with the fourth missile connector don't show any missile.

- suppressed nº 4 radar animation (engine limitation?).

- Igla launcher fixed and working (rotate and elevation, but not fire. Wrong definition?).

- P-15 SSM launcher don't show nothing (Wrong weapons and launcher definition?. I add harpoon launcher from O.H.Perry lua to test exist code. that don't work).

- Optical FC behaviour (pivot placement and animations has correct, but that show bad animations into DCS: W. Wrong definition?).

Attach corrected Alpha ship Zip (v0.01)

PD: Uploading a youtube video show the issues.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

SD RENAME HELPERS...is wrong.

Missile_SAM5 --> POINT_KORTIK_1_1

Missile_SAM6 --> POINT_KORTIK_1_2 etc.

To radar....yes i think is only 1,2,3 arg to anim. radar but with diferent rotation....

I rename the SAM connectors with POINT_KORTIK_1_1..... correlative, same situation. Nº POINT_KORTIK_1_4 don't work. I assume DCS: W Engine limitation.

Edit: I upload the Pr.205 with Point_kortik_1_1 edited to compare with previous versions and see that behavior.

Pic:

11540871_10207429423360345_105216393989981333_o.jpg

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Migla = {} -- Naval IGLA
Migla.type = 4
Migla.major_weapon = true
Migla.xc = 0
Migla.distanceMin = 500
Migla.distanceMax = 8500 --for test
Migla.min_trg_alt = 10
Migla.max_trg_alt = 5000
Migla.reactionTime = 2
Migla.reflection_limit = 0.22
Migla.launch_delay = 1
Migla.barrels_reload_type = 2
Migla.maxShootingSpeed = 0.0
Migla.ECM_K = -1
Migla.show_external_missile = true
Migla.sound = { single_shot = "Weapons/MissileLaunch3", }
Migla.sensor = {}
set_recursive_metatable(Migla.sensor, GT_t.WSN_t[0])
Migla.PL = {}
Migla.PL[1] = {}
Migla.PL[1].ammo_capacity = 12
Migla.PL[1].type_ammunition = {4,4,34,91}
Migla.PL[1].name_ammunition = "9M39"
Migla.PL[1].reload_time = 10
Migla.BR = {
		{connector_name = 'Missile_Sam_5',},
		{connector_name = 'Missile_Sam_6',},
		{connector_name = 'Missile_Sam_7',},
		{connector_name = 'Missile_Sam_8',},
           };

local ws = GT_t.inc_ws();
GT.WS[ws] = {}
add_launcher(GT.WS[ws], Migla)
GT.WS[ws].drawArgument1 = 20
GT.WS[ws].drawArgument2 = 21			
GT.WS[ws].omegaY = math.rad(80)
GT.WS[ws].omegaZ = math.rad(100)

Instead of using built-in IGLA definition - build your own.

Important line --> Migla.PL[1].ammo_capacity = 12

IGLA battery reloads 3 times to fire 12 missiles.

It is not necessary to name connectors TARGET_KORTIK_1 or any such thing. As long as names in LUA match names in EDM it will work.

Edited by vicx