"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

The idea is great, but that's finally just about airfield jumping type of gameplay. I fell that it'll be quite limited for ground attack planes.

It would really get epic if they were some tanks brigades to use, and town would generate a couple of resplenishment tanks every hours.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are also cities and FARPs with ground units inside.

UH-1H's or Mi-8's can bring Mortars to launch an artillery attack etc.

Without SEAD and A-G attacks there is no way to capture cities, FARPs or Airbases :)

Also they repair every 20-30 minutes so you have a lot of work to do.

Unfortunately convoys and moving groups are not used in this campaign as they cause issues when on respawn. Were used in our previous campaign when groups were fixed and not respawning :smilewink:

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

The average gamer does not understand that adding a moving convoy to the mission will draw allot of server resources. You need a $2000 computer hosted in a data-center with a fat fat line that costs $200 a month to host a server that holds 50 players at the same time. It is doable but will the community pay for that? In my mind hosters like the 104th server is priceless for this community!

The average gamer does not understand that adding a moving convoy to the mission will draw allot of server resources. You need a $2000 computer hosted in a data-center with a fat fat line that costs $200 a month to host a server that holds 50 players at the same time. It is doable but will the community pay for that? In my mind hosters like the 104th server is priceless for this community!

Our decision to remove it has nothing to do with server resources.

Our server has a 1gb simetric line and top of the line specifications which is the best you can provide really.

It has to do with DCS net code stability, therefore it is not doable with many players.

We discovered this already a in our previous campaigns that held 62 players with out any lag issues.

Most server administrators do not handle these kind of numbers and therefore are not aware of the issue all together and blame it on their server resources, that's just wrong.

Some feedback from me, I was on the stress test for part of it. Initially I wasn't aware of the server until I saw it, so from the briefing I was incredibly excited at what this is representing and it's to me the currently leading effort in persistent campaign work. I've already heard a lot from Xcom about this over the last year or so and knowing he is on board is very reassuring. Now, my experience on the server wasn't up to my hopes. The lag and warping at 11pm GMT was insane and made air to air very expensive. After I was eventually shot down I coudlnt get a public slot back, I kept getting a message saying the FARP was currently not on the available list and thrown back to the breifing.

I hope these issues can be nailed, I'd register my squadron here if it were ready.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hey Pikey. Thanks for the feedback.

Did you check your ping in the server? We didn't spot any lag yesterday for 3 hours from our side so I will have to check again. Will ask also the other squadrons about.

The issue with not be able to get in a new slot again happened for 15 minutes and solved afterwards as it was an issue in the slot managment script. Spotted by Xcom and being worked on.

Thanks again.

Greg

Interestingly XCOM, OverG seems to have recognised this, hence why TAW is running multiples on same hardware. More people could do this, I suspect.

Our decision to remove it has nothing to do with server resources.

Our server has a 1gb simetric line and top of the line specifications which is the best you can provide really.

It has to do with DCS net code stability, therefore it is not doable with many players.

We discovered this already a in our previous campaigns that held 62 players with out any lag issues.

Most server administrators do not handle these kind of numbers and therefore are not aware of the issue all together and blame it on their server resources, that's just wrong.

... We didn't spot any lag yesterday for 3 hours from our side so I will have to check again. ...

Confirm.

Yesterday I was on a mission and did not notice any lagg at 11pm GMT and the whole time I was there.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

I don`t need your stream... and why do you insist on that lagg? It can be your local problem and that happens to all clients sometimes.

More ...

If the guys thank you for the feedback and the fly checking all our complaints what are you trying to prove after all? What? Bad server? The bad mission? The bad guys? Maybe too many people on the server?

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Hey guys. From what we have seen during our missions and campaigns the lag issues vary:

-Clients issue in which a client may have a not so good connection in general or on a specific server (high ping).

-Clients issue in which a client may have graphic issues. If his pc freezes time to time he will still warp and the other players will not spot a difference (if he has a low connection or graphic issues).

-Servers issue in which the server internet connection may be low in general or for a specific day and causes lag for all players.

-Servers issue in which there is a lot of computing done for the mission (scripting, triggers, graphics etc) and causes lag for all players especially when they deal with AI.

-Scripting issue in which if a script fails during a mission, the players will still be connected but the server will produce lag as it will fail to work properly in the backround.

Overall you may fight against a player that lags, you may lag yourself or maybe the whole server lags. For example in the previous session everyone had lag cause the server was not able to deal with the missions structure. We solved this before yesterday's session.

So we try to get all the feedback and thank you for that (that is the purpose of the stress test) in order to solve any issues that can be solved from our side. For the issues that are outside our control unfortunately we won't be able to do much.

I am sure Xcom will deal with the last minor issues we spotted and enjoy this 24/7 PvP Campaign with all of you there.

Greg

Interestingly XCOM, OverG seems to have recognised this, hence why TAW is running multiples on same hardware. More people could do this, I suspect.

If I remember correctly, when this was tested I was with you guys and indicated that with my past experience, the lag is usually due to the number of moving units or units vs players that are in the mission. Also, that spawning units create lag undoubtedly.

As Greg wrote, the slot issue that occurred will be fixed of course.

If there was any lag shown, which I do not recall, it would be either because of the issue that affected the slots or because of any local issue any single person could have.

For example, I got connection interrupted at some point, but I then found out that my wife had decided to open a torrent download on the laptop :doh:

Edit - I'll just add , I'm glad for the feedback, good or bad.

As this is still in testing, we are getting exactly what we expect and need.

Edited by xcom

Thanks mate! Just watched it.

The important thing to know at this point is if you had also lag between your wingman. I mean when on formation etc.

Cause I see the pilots that you engage lagging and it may be their sides issue.

When a server lags you should see also warpings in the air all the time even from ground units (like black smokes) and see strange things when on ramp and taxi.

Do you remember if there were also issues like this?

Greg

Xcom/Greg, thanks for this, please accept our squadron application below:

Squadron name: 42VFG

Active pilots number: 5

Pilots callsigns: prefix is minus sign then equals, equals then minus, no space.

-=42VFG=-MULE

-=42VFG=-HOUSE

-=42VFG=-DEMO

-=42VFG=-MADDOG

-=42VFG=-DUTCH

-=42VFG=-SMUDGE

Best regards,

Mike