Having trouble finding targets

Slayer_42

For AAA threat this sort of hunter/killer method works really good if there are not too many of them. Lead rolls in, flying as fast as possible and jink all the time. The wingman follows with distance and keeps visual contact. If he sees some tracers - attack.

And as long the first plane get tracked by the radar, it's safe for the second plane to fly an attack run

Everyone that's posting they fly at FL180 or higher, I'm guessing you're in SP missions with no air threats because you wouldn't last long otherwise.

Has there ever been a theater of operations where the A10 operated without complete air superiority already established?

That's an honest question.

I take your point, however, that, while playing DCS, we get lazy and do things that would mean mission failure or destruction in real life.

For me, when playing a computer based sim, I am missing MULTIPLE elements that real life military pilots rely on before they ever step into the cockpit.

Because I don't have these things, I use what I do have, F10 Map screen, etc.

Plus, trying to find targets in a pixel world ain't the same as real steel flying.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

CAP may not catch everything.

That is correct indeed,, thats why we communicate,, when Im advised that CAP is not able to suppress all, some are going to get though,, I hit the deck! Come up for air once all clear,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle