DCS: A-10C Warthog - Khashuri Gap Mission with Tacview

Bunyap

This is the Khashuri Gap single mission flown from beginning to end in my usual way, with somewhat of a plan and commentary provided throughout. Tacview is used to display an overlay of the current situation in the top right corner and is used to provide a debrief at the end of the series. I am still experimenting with the format so let me know what you think.

Tacview Software:

http://tacview.strasoftware.com

AieZ5tYUJwA

rOlD4sLv5sw

Zn8QdkQaICs

jecWXGnX_RU

The rest will follow as they are processed and uploaded. In the meantime, you can find a lot more here:

Bunyap Sims Youtube Channel

Edited by Bunyap

Yeah good stuff as usual mate, change of pace from the Test Flight/On the range series which is where I first picked up your channel and nice to see you employing some of your standalone techniques in a mission scenario against reactive targets.

Do you use the TM Warthog? I have one and I struggle with getting my zoom as progressive as yours appears to be in your vids, it seems to be either full on or full off when I use the Warthog's slider axis on the throttle?

Cheers

James

IIRC, when you get a final attack heading from the JTAC, you cut that azimuth in half. So 130 would have been the preferred attack angle from the JTAC. The reason why you get that 000 - 260, is because any other angle could potentially result in friendly fire, whether by accidental misidentification, or ricochet/outright miss. He is basically telling you your alley of attack. This gives you a large alley to allow for pilot discretion based on terrain or additional threats that the JTAC may not be aware of. Just FYI.

Nice series - thanks for the effort.

I used Tacview some time ago with BS / BS2 but kind of forgot about it - looks like it has improved a lot, particularly the DCS integration. Will have to give it another look.

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

Yeah good stuff as usual mate, change of pace from the Test Flight/On the range series which is where I first picked up your channel and nice to see you employing some of your standalone techniques in a mission scenario against reactive targets.

Do you use the TM Warthog? I have one and I struggle with getting my zoom as progressive as yours appears to be in your vids, it seems to be either full on or full off when I use the Warthog's slider axis on the throttle?

Cheers

James

I had a similar issue, and ended up putting Zoom in slow/Zoom out slow on I DMS up, and I DMS down respectively.

That said, I know people who don't have the issue. If I had to guess, it will take some tweaking of the axis curve in TARGET to get the throttle slider to do zoom smoothly and progressively.

Very nice and useful.

But I just come by to thank you in general for all of your series. Especially your Sabre series.

You always manage to explain things so that I not only understand how I am doing it, but most importantly what i am doing and why systems work the way they work.

Keep it up.

<==DCS Flaming Cliffs 3: Operation Grand Slam

<==Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 Tribute

Very nicely done. Very informative. Must 've cost you a couple of hours to complete these vids.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5