How to move each sub-throttle from off to idle virtually?

FONS

Hi, i am trying to help a friend that want's to start the A-10 Warthog left/right engine without having to press that "L.ALT+Start". With my thrustmaster hotas warthog i do it physically, i mean, moving from off to idle my physical sub-throttles.

But as we have seen in videos, you can do this move virtually inside the game with the yellow cross, pointing the cross tho the throttle, in videos i've seen, looks that you can actually do this. But me and my friend can't. I moved the cross around almost all the panel and just get to touch switches, not the throttle, and on videos i see that poinnting it in the upper part of the throttle you can move, and the clicking, moves the throttle to idle.

Why i am not getting this to work? Thanks in advance!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System

CPU: i7 4790K GPU: Asus GTX 970 4Gb MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO RAM: 16Gb OS: Win10 x64

Are you sure they did it by mouse click? Maybe they just moved the cursor there and then clicked CTRL/ALT + Home (or your key combination)

I know that some time ago, I wasn't able to start the plane, because I couldn't click the throttles. Then I found key binding :D

But as we have seen in videos, you can do this move virtually inside the game with the yellow cross, pointing the cross tho the throttle, in videos i've seen, looks that you can actually do this.

I don't think so. I just fiddled around the throttles at max zoom level and couldn't find a hint that they can be operated with the mouse.

As Tejkr suggested, maybe the guys doing the videos moved their HOTAS or used the key combination while they pointed their mouse at the throttles.

AFAIK in DCS A-10C, none of the HOTAS buttons can be clicked with the mouse (but for example in the MiG-21 they can, so this doesn't appear to be a DCS limitation as such, rather just a design decision with the A-10C).

Besides, your friend could always map left and right Engine start to another key which is easier to push/remember (or sell enough $expensive_items so he can get the TM Warthog right away). :D