Critique of a Multiple JDAM strike.

bunraku

Pretty difficult to decide what exactly is to happen with either infantry or tanks.

Too many things to factor into the equation. Angle of decent, burst height vs. ground impact etc.

Infantry can survive an astounding level of ordnance when in cover and not directly hit, if it is a ground impact. Air burst 50m above ground overhead is devastating!

A tank hit from above, even by shrapnel is supposed to be dead or combat ineffective. Blast or fragmentation damage to the tracks would render it immobile. Even a close hit ground impact with just the blast washing over it, would disorient and/or injure the crew... taking the tank out the fight for a few minutes.

Just a little slope between bomb impact and target negates all the above, unless you drop with airburst...

AFAIK none of this is currently modeled in DCS.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

If you created steerpoints out of the mark points, will that eliminate the need to manually toggle through them? All you do is set the hud as SOI, slave everything to it, fly over, points automatically progress to next, all you do is press pickle? Or will it only progress after flying directly over it after the JDAM is out of DLZ(or is that a maverick term?)

||i5-9600k||MSI GTX1070Ti Duke||16GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaws V||Gigabyte Aorus B360||X56||

You can create a new flight plan with the mark point you have made. I normally do as it makes it easier for me to align targets which I have found randomly.

But I would think that the distance between the mark points need to be relatively big (>3nm) in order to utilize the auto function. The distance of cause depends on your altitude. The high the altitude the greater distance from target you will pickle.

Cheers

Hans