How to deal with tunguska,s ?

oscar19681

How do you guys deal with tunguska,s? Even with tags on i can not visually identify Them unless they fire at me . This makes these baby,s dangerous to deal with without any sead support . Any ideas ?

Find them and shoot them with a Mav. Tunguska is relatively harmless as it's severely hampered by its short range and guidance.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

i suggest you create a small mission, just BLUE side A-10, and BLUE side column off vehicles including tunguskas.

that way you could try to identify them with the luxury of not being shot ;)

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

The rounds aren't really that hard to evade if you're at the limit of their range envelope (alt or distance). I like to do a TGP recon from a safe distance and mark the threats, then if I'm going to get low enough for AAA threat, I'll go high and descend in orbit and do a 'recon by fire' with the MKI Eyeball. If you take fire on the way down from manpads or AAA, it's pretty easy to evade fire at the edge of their envelope if you keep your eye on the threat. You're in effect performing your own Wild Weasel. (IRL attack aircraft are rarely forced to do this as SEAD/DEAD sorties typically prep the area for them.)

Defining your SOP:

I like to practice against tanks as their fire is easier to evade for the purpose of defining an SOP. You can use my tutorial mission Tank Busting 101 if you like. I find that if I do a small multi-axis coarse change (i.e. up and right with right rudder) I can evade the fire easily. Don't be afraid to use those rudders.

In Tank Busting 101 I practice getting lower and lower while watching for tracers and evading. After some careful analysis I can evade their fire all day long at a few hundred feet. After you practice with tanks a bit alter the mission to add AAA, then carefully enter it's envelope and practice against it. You'll find they're pretty predictable. Before developing an SOP, AAA was my bane. After analysis I was able to take them out with guns.

More Info:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1140598post1140598

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1105815post1105815

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1182320post1182320

Luck to you.

EDIT: I read Tung instead of ZSU after clicking 'post' heheh sorry.. needs more coffees... hope the info is still of some use to you.

Edited by StrongHarm

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Oh boy, once you guys get into a mission with human CA players, you're in for a rude suprise I guess.

Then again, there are not many around and on the other hand, I'd be thrilled to be in such a mission where coordination of AA is done in an orderly fashion so to say :).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Oh boy, once you guys get into a mission with human CA players, you're in for a rude suprise I guess.

Then again, there are not many around and on the other hand, I'd be thrilled to be in such a mission where coordination of AA is done in an orderly fashion so to say :).

If you fly beyond the limits of the weaponry, there is no challenge.

That having been said, it'd be really nice to see something like Sam Sim but in DCS. We've got the 3d models, now we just need the GUI and realistic switches. It'd be great to have users controlling airspace cooperatively.

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

you don't. SEAD guys before you do.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Yup, when you see poor GheyTen on the sky it is quite relatively easy to kill it, if you don't turn radar on.

You sit silent and guide missile :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ