A-10 and ECM

ff4life4

- Apply ECM technique according to threat library, or apply default technique if threat is not recognized

- Transmit for x seconds

- Listen

Like I said when you take it out of Standby, it will once you are within the predetermined threshold of the threat RADAR (remember, before it becomes leathal) it will go from recieve to repeat and respond PULSE FOR PULSE until you egress out to the determined signal threshold where it's determined it's no longer lethal, and will stop responding. And it will respond to more than one threat............ if it's within the predetermined signal strength thresholds. But the DECM will have to function with the on-board RADAR, and RADALT systems so there will be microsecond periods (windows) where the transmit/receive function of the DECM system will be blanked out while another system transmits and receives, but it happens very fast.

Hoss

Edited by BeoWolf_57

Sempre Fortis

wait, you can notch sam radar at their Rmax in DCS?

I've tested this theory in my spare time some time ago and it never worked.

Hey Ralfi, I keep thinking about the tests you posted here. I think this patch was after you published your findings.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=119581 DCS 1.2.7.23097

"ECM effectiveness against air defense systems has been significantly increased."

And also some changes to missiles/launch logic I think. If this was after your test's, you don't have by any chance inclination to check this out again...? :music_whistling:

I have noticed a difference in engagement in certain sams but i havent conducted a thorough test for all of them or just how effective.

I just wish chaff had more of an effect on sams than aa missiles. But again, I havent conducted tests on that either.

If i have some spare time il test this out.

• 4 months later...