I need a better view after pressing RCtrl+0

Dudester22

Can someone tell me if there is a way I can get a better view of the radios after I press RCtrl+0 then select Numpad 1? I have posted a pick of the current view I get and I don't need to see the throttle or my seat. I would much prefer to see all of the radios or at-least more of them. Is there like a way I can alter where key1 looks and then save it? Thanks!

This.thumb.jpg.f3372f3c7f298e2c5842e93b8dd24f06.jpg

Can someone tell me if there is a way I can get a better view of the radios after I press RCtrl+0 then select Numpad 1? I have posted a pick of the current view I get and I don't need to see the throttle or my seat. I would much prefer to see all of the radios or at-least more of them. Is there like a way I can alter where key1 looks and then save it? Thanks!

Yes, the keyword here is "SnapView". There are some pretty good explanations posted on the forums somewhere - I just can't find it atm. But if you use the search function of the forums, you should find it. Also at the DCS wiki there is some documentation about it as well.

Yes, the keyword here is "SnapView". There are some pretty good explanations posted on the forums somewhere - I just can't find it atm. But if you use the search function of the forums, you should find it. Also at the DCS wiki there is some documentation about it as well.

I searched under SnapView but didn't find anything. Has anyone got a link with instructions on how to do it? I also have trackir and I was wondering if it affects that in anyway? I mean, it shouldn't do because I already use RCtrl+0 plus 1-9 keys while using trackir. Are you also certain it is snap view I am talking about here because it seems to toggle for me. I press RCtrl+0 and then press Numpad 1 which gives me the radio. This then stays with that that view until I press RCtrl=0 again which takes me back to the cockpit and trackir movement.. Thanks!

Edited by Dudester22

I searched under SnapView but didn't find anything. Has anyone got a link with instructions on how to do it? I also have trackir and I was wondering if it affects that in anyway? I mean, it shouldn't do because I already use RCtrl+0 plus 1-9 keys while using trackir. Are you also certain it is snap view I am talking about here because it seems to toggle for me. I press RCtrl+0 and then press Numpad 1 which gives me the radio. This then stays with that that view until I press RCtrl=0 again which takes me back to the cockpit and trackir movement.. Thanks!

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

(the part where it instructs to change the line "UseDefaultSnapViews = true" is nowadays not necessary anymore. You switch that on and off via some check box at one Options tab)

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

(the part where it instructs to change the line "UseDefaultSnapViews = true" is nowadays not necessary anymore. You switch that on and off via some check box at one Options tab)

Well without sounding thick how am I suppose to change the view I want? I press RCtrl+0 and then Numpad 1 to take it to the view I want to change. But when I do this there is noway of moving the view because it's fixed. How am I suppose to move it to the place I want? I read the link but it doesn't explain that part. Also, how do I save the view after I have it in place if ever I get it to move?

Well without sounding thick how am I suppose to change the view I want? I press RCtrl+0 and then Numpad 1 to take it to the view I want to change. But when I do this there is noway of moving the view because it's fixed. How am I suppose to move it to the place I want? I read the link but it doesn't explain that part. Also, how do I save the view after I have it in place if ever I get it to move?

You move the current view using the keys you find under Options->Controls->aircraft->View (or was it Cockpit View?), i.e. the numpad keys and rshift, rctrl and the relevant combinations.

To save that current view as snap view, you must have used that snap view BEFORE you changed your view. That means either you TOGGLED to that view before with rctrl+num0 and then numx (and toggling off snap view again with num0) OR you have used the quick snap view by pressing lwin+numx.

Then, to actually save the current view as the snap view x, press lalt+num0

Yes, it is a bit tedious work. Be carefull to not accidentally use a snap view other than the one you intend to reconfigure while moving your camera. That would result in saving the new view as a different snap view than you might expect (i.e. overwriting a perhaps already well configured snap view)

edit: and to get consistent results, you should turn off TIR while messing around with the snap views. :o)

In my opinion the default snap views should work as intended without the need to customize them.

What do you mean? Do you mean they should be updated in a patch, or you like them as they are? I myself am glad to get rid of the horrible default snap views. I see no purpose in seeing half a seat especially when I have no legs to look at which brings me to another question. Has anyone got a pair of legs Mod? I have already excepted I have no head when I parachute, but it would be nice to see a pairs of legs in my cockpit.

Edited by Dudester22

I recall prior to DCS World, A10C did show all three radios in that same snap view.

OS: Windows 10 64bit / MB: MSI Gamers Edge /CPU:Intel CORE I5 9600K @ 4.5 GHz/ RAM: 32 GB / Gfx: Geforce 980 GTX TI x2 in SLI /Drives:1 970 NVMe & 2x SSD RAID 0 /Joystick: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog/ TrackIR 5/Saitek Rudder

The default snap view key 1 should bring the entire left hand console up to autopilot panel (with throttle in the very upper tip) and JTAC FM radio in the very lower tip. I don't understand maybe you're using a smaller resolution? It's as described above (think as EZDOK for FSX). I use trackIR and my slew button to shift view to sideways then look down.

I am also considering buying oculus rift to get rid of trackIR and its recentering problems, but I'm wearing glasses and can't take them off...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 10 months later...

This is an old post, but is still relevant. Customizing snapviews isn't very intuitive, but once you understand the method it's a .. <clears throat and looks around> snap..

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=49168&highlight=view

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm