DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon is the only answer you'll get right now.

Not really. This answer is the current gospel according to ED.

We hope to release DCS World 2 in early 2015. This is not a promise but simply our best estimate given the current development status as of December 2014. We also cannot promise that each feature listed above will make it into the initial release.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

One thing is rather certain, EDGE or not, a hefty CPU with good performance out of single core will be useful, leaving You with i5 and i7 Intels to choose from. Everything else is guesswork at the moment.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hi dev team, maybe it could be very useful for many users (me as first!) to know if new EDGE DCS World 2.0 + NTTR, to be released hopefully in the next weeks, will require similar hw specs and config to have same performance of the actual DCS world version, or you suggest an hw upgrade.

thank you for your advice :)

Alessandro

i think, you should take a look on Matt Wagner's setup

[..] i7 4770K, 8 GB RAM, GTX 780ti, [..]

he plays with DCS World 2.0 (WIP) and NTTR (WIP) :music_whistling:

So for the CPU:

- take something with 4.0 GHz or more - DCS still only adress 2 cores (AFAIK)

- have fast 16 GB RAM

for the GPU:

- have two or more GPUs with 2 GB or more (DirectX 11 support)

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

I the only one that remembers that December will be over in a few days and we should expect a new newsletter ( lol remember last month craze?)

Russian holidays start January 1st, so I don't expect one.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

If they move most of load to gpu i dont see whats left for cpu to calculate really. AI and AI flightmodels? Those are both extreamly simple, would prob help if you had mission with thousands of units though.

Radars, missiles. Those make a hell of a lot of calculations. So do the flightmodels.

I don't think CPU multithreading for EDGE is that important, they just need to clean the code using DX11, make it more efficient and move loads to the GPU

also if GPUs will be the bottleneck its better since they will scale with SLI/XFIRE and also GPUs generaly evolve faster than CPUs

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would be a very interesting read, if you can recall where it was posted? :)

+1, would love to read it, too!

EDGE is the graphics engine and if now, thanks to DX11, the GPU can take the workload off the CPU and process all the 3d and visual fx stuff in parallel, there is probably really not much left for the CPU to calculate. For the graphics stuff.

But I always imagined, that especially simulators could benefit from multithreading. There are so many entities driving and flying around for which all the same calculations have to be done - but they don't depend that much on each other. And the interfaces where they do interact with each other are fairly narrow.

But anyhow, that would be at least beyond the scope of EDGE, imo, and would probably really require a complete rewrite of the EDSE (ED simulation engine ... yeah, i just made that up ;o)

Sorry for a stupid question, I've been out of the loop for a while.

What is EDGE???

Do i assume it's buying a new graphics card ( after just purchasing a GTx780)

No you'll be fine with your gtx 780 for sure. From what I've read on the forums, if you can run the current engine you sould be able to run edge well as edge will be better optimized.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I`v done a 30 Su27 vs 30 F-15C in mission editor for SP fun and my comp crawled, but i have played 60-70 player missions and it worked great most of the times (there were some issues relating to mission scripting)

so atleast in multiplayer theres no problem creating a large scale battles , EDGE is suppose to bring dedicated server (none rendering i think) and it might even be better then.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry for a stupid question, I've been out of the loop for a while.

What is EDGE???

Do i assume it's buying a new graphics card ( after just purchasing a GTx780)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135473

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

2014 is almost done.....What about EDGE?

The end of the year approaches and I'm wondering if it will happen for the community.

Any thoughts?

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

About half way down.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135473

We hope to release DCS World 2 in early 2015. This is not a promise but simply our best estimate given the current development status as of December 2014. We also cannot promise that each feature listed above will make it into the initial release.

DCS World 2 Status

Work continues on DCS World 2 with progress on file structure, clouds and other effects, changes to the front-end GUI, and of course improvements to performance. We are still striving for a late-December 2014 release, but if debugging takes longer than we hope, it is possible that the release could be pushed to January/February 2015. As always, stated dates and timeframes are our best estimates and not promises.

Edit: sniped :)

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.