MMjoy 1 axis 2 resistors? Force sensitive slew control

Hey guys, another MMJoy question. I want to make a pressure sensitive slew controller. If you've ever used a Thinkpad they have a little nub in the middle of the keyboard which is a great little pressure sensitive mouse. I want to make one of those and put it on my joystick. I have the mechanical bits down, and I'm pretty sure I know how to do the electrical bits. However the software, is where it gets foggy for me. I'm thinking of using 2 pressure sensitive resistors for left and right then two more for up and down. Therefore I'm wondering if it's possible to tell MMJoy that one of the resistors is half of an axis and then another resistor is the other half? To maybe make that more understandable split an axis across two resistors?

Thanks for the help guys!

P.S another way I could do this is by using one 1 resistor for each axis and putting a spring with a set screw opposite the resistor and dialing in the screw such that the resistor is at half load. I think this could potentially work but it's more complicated and might be more difficult to implement.

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]