TM Warthog Flight Stick or Fat Black Mamba Mk. III Read more

Asked this over at simhq already....

So I FUBAR'd my Warthog Flight Stick Don't ask

So Now do I get a TM Warthog Flight Stick or Fat Black Mamba Mk. III?

I like that the Warthog has as many input controls as it does compared to the Black Mamba, but I do hate replacing stuff like for like and not feeling like its an upgrade or at least something different. If I didn't already have the complete TM Warthog setup I would'nt be getting the Mamba because of the lack of Throttle quadrant.

But Now I have the throttle and no stick so which would you get?, baring in mind I'm more a F- pilot than a an A- pilot

But the lack of stock Black Mamba is a concern

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

I was going to say, how the eff do you plan on getting a Mamba in the first place? I collect Hotas, have an example of nearly every one since back in the 286 gaming days and my first basic throttle and CH Flightstick, and have a pair of VKB peds, (and Slaws, and CrossWinds, and and and), but have had NO luck, ZERO, trying to find a source, used or new, for any of the higher end VKB sticks.

You'll likely, as in in 99 percent likely, have to wait for the new Gunfighter stick to be released, and hope you get one out of whatever limited run THAT vkb stick gets. That's the only issue I have with VKB, is that they only do very limited runs of the "good" higher end sticks. I have a friend in another game from Japan that has bought pretty much every VKB stick that they've made now, and he's the only guy I know that has them.

I think you're stuck with going WH again as there hasn't been any news as to when the Gunfighter is coming. The Gladiator 2 might have some promise, but it's still a lower-ish end solution IMO, and I would want to wait for the G-fighter if I was going to replace a Warthog hotas.

You could try and find deals, I constantly hunt the used sections here in Canada, ebay/amazon as well, just picked up my 3rd Warthog, stick only this time, for 120$ USD, it was brand new, but had a tiny sliver of paint flaw on the front which is already fixed. I've found Cougars that are like 99 percent for 40 or 50 bucks too, and you could pop in a Hall kit from the guy here that sells them to hold you over until VKB comes out.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

VKB say that in September you are able to buy the new VKB Gunfighter who had inherited the electronic and mechanical of Mambas - but improved.

And if not trow out the Warthog grip - or did not destroy it :) - can use in VKB base with all HATS/buttons working.

Edited by Sokol1_br

yea, ill get another TM stick. not diggin the new VKB looks, and wasnt overlykeen on the black mamba3 looks.

A TM Warthog stick and a floor mounted BRD-n base will do me

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745