Gimbal "monoblock"

$350 seems perfectly reasonable, that's a high part count and a lot of welds. Ungainly looking, but that thing probably feels more like a real stick than most others do.

Also note pitch is longer by 50mm or so, further adding to the realistic feel of the kinematics. I've seen pics of this thing around for a long time, I thinks it's great they are actually selling them and wish them the best of luck.

As usual, Sokol1 has his ear to the ground in all the right places... thanks for the link, bookmarked and exploring :)

edit: google translated link: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hotas.su%2F

I'm not up to speed but frantically googletranslating the site. Does he sell and ship to europe with in a reasonable time frame? IE: like a month or so. (unlike MFG and VKB..)

If so, I'd like to order me a piece of this!

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

new stick

Sokol1_br:

Is that a TM Cougar stick on it?

I now have three Cougars. One with Mile's magnetic setup, and a second with Ian's UB2Nxt gimbals with Hall sensors..... in the stick. I still need to purchase and install Mile's magnetic sensor in the TQS...

I was going to keep the third COugar.... still in the box... but I think I will sell to someone who can use it and does not want to spend a lot for the Warthog... or European Stick... and still have to buy a tqs.

If you know anyone who wants the Cougar let me know...... I will sell for $250.00 plus shipping.

Roland

This grip in gimbal looks Warthog (see the pinkie lever), but the gimbal can use other grips, was done primarily for X-52.

Don't know how this work, but seems that buyers send their grip for the guy and he install in the gimbal.

Try though the contact in the site get more details, email address in right side/upper.

I ask one guy in IL-2 Forum (Russian) about this gimbal - he post the above pictures.

He say that the gimbal maker are full of orders from Russian simmers, without time to update their site.

And that he spoken 0 of English.

This other guy will see if can help (he have good English), any news post there.

Hey Thanks again Sokol1_br. (I replied to your last message I think?)

Really hope they get back in touch. You sure do know where to find all the cool peripherals!

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

I'd be interested in this as well, or the VKB Gunfighter.

It's just hard to deal with Russians manufacturers though :D

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

The the guy that intermediating communication with "Monoblock" manufacture is registered there, but for some reason not allowed to post.

What he say is, the "Monoblock" maker is f Nickolay, contat (lepsality3/yandex(dot)ru) - replace the / be proper simbol.

The other guy will translate your emails for him - but take in mind that he did this for hobby, and sometimes can't do in same day. So, patience.

The "Monoblock" maker manufacture a uniaxial rudder pedal too, CAM system with vertical kinematics (similar to T-Rudder) very affordable.

https://yadi.sk/d/7EhTdII5uVt73.

An please, notice: I am not Russian, I don't speak Russian, I have not relationships with the maker. My post about is only in intention to help the flight sim hobby. ;)

Edited by Sokol1_br
  • Like 1

Another maker of awesome flightsim hardware to keep an eye out for. Thanks Sokol! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi guys,

I finally managed to re-register here to be able to write in the forums; no idea why it didn't work before... Anyway I'm the guy Sokol1_BR is referring to as the one who volunteered to help Nickolay in communicating with an English-speaking community here. And I'm the happy owner of Nickolay's products- Sokol has already provided the pictures here. I AM Russian and I DO speak Russian:) but I'm in no way associated with hotas.su except for having a great respect for Nickolay's ingenuity and skills. Still I'll do my best to support your communication with Nickolay but as Sokol noted please be patient if there are delays. Please also understand that like some other ventures in our hobby hotas.su is a one-man show- it's very much about making a configuration to order which can be customized to a very big extent.

So- please ask your questions and I'll try to answer them reasonably fast.

• Like 1

Firstly thank you for taking the time to register to help me/us.

I will simply paste the question I emailed them, edtied for you to read and hopefully you can help me with it! Thanks again!

I just found out about your sticks and website and I am very interested in buying.

I have a couple of questions that I hope you don't mind me asking.

1: First of all, are you currently selling these products? If so, how long is the wait/build time ect? Just curious.

2: Do you sell and ship to Europe?

3: I am unsure of what the two different prices on your site mean. The one for $350

is only the HOTAS I think. Is the one for $450 both HOTAS and rudder pedals?

4: Is it possible to make a warthog connection for the stick? So that I can just attach my warthog grip if I place an order? Possible to have multiple grips?

5: On your site it says that the price does not include an actual grip or throttle, what would the price be for a stick made with a grip (x52 or any other)? Or to clarify, is the price for a stick with a grip or is there extra charge ontop of the $350/450? If so how much aprox?

Thank you again and I apologize for all the questions!

SpeedStick, you are welcome:). Here are the answers:

1. Yes, Nickolay is making them non-stop, usually a couple of orders at a time. As each of the orders is typically non-standard (stick grip used, the set of electronics, control panel layout etc.) it's difficult to say how long a particular order will take. My config has taken about 3 months, but it was quite unusual, with Warthog throttle/ grip, VKB controller/ sensors, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar button panels; besides, I've assembled all the electronics myself (you can see it in the attachment). And we had quite a lot of iterations exchanging the sketches and photos to optimize the layout. You'll need to define your "dream system" and discuss it with Nickolay- but then you are guaranteed to get exactly what you want.

2. Yes, it's possible.

3. Correct. $350 for a typical HOTAS, $450 for HOTAS+pedals. However pedals can be ordered separately.

4. We've discussed it with Nickolay just two days ago. The initial design didn't allow for easy grip swapping; the stick was detachable from the gimbal, but the wiring wasn't. I've added a connector there, so in my configuration the stick+grip combination is swappable (it was not yet introduced at the time the pictures below were made); of course you'll need an additional stick tube for any other grip you'll be using. As there is a demand for using a Cougar/ Warthog grip with a stock nut/ connector Nickolay is planning to introduce this option in the nearest future.

5. The whole project has started as a possibility to offer a drastically better gimbal/ control configuration for x52 owners who would provide their HOTAS to be upgraded. So you'll need to purchase a "donor" HOTAS first (x52, Cougar, Warthog etc.) and send it to Nickolay; or alternatively the "donor" can be purchased locally (of course it applies to current products only); or it can be found/ purchased on eBay (as I've purchased a Suncom F-15 that will be my second grip)... In other words, the price of a "donor" HOTAS is not included in the above mentioned $350.

Hopefully you've got a better picture now; still don't hesitate to ask more specific questions. I've agreed with Nickolay that the mails can be sent to his address that was provided by Sokol1 in his latest post #16 above; I'll help him with the translations.

WP_20160313_20_54_41_Pro.thumb.jpg.c8b8c8e7a6ad1cc8233bbc2dd27427ae.jpg

WP_20160319_11_18_51_Pro.thumb.jpg.76558795600b707760e2dc27246cd640.jpg

WP_20160319_22_48_09_Pro.thumb.jpg.539d52cb15994a8f964bff7cb0253dd5.jpg

WP_20160319_22_48_50_Pro.thumb.jpg.d39bdf131027480d91519c9f6af07768.jpg

Edited by Sergey_Pe

Thank you for answering all the questions!

Maybe I will wait and see if he decides to continue with the grip swapping idea.

Ill have to think for a couple of days.

However thank you for all your help! +rep