Mmjoy2 button and encoder problem

Hi everyone, im just trying to make a throttle grip for using with logitech 3d pro.

Im using arduino leonardo and, potentiometers work very well on mmjoy. So the problem is, when i using 20150722 version of mmjoy, axis and buttons was working. there was an only problem: on mmjoy, buttons was working but windows game controllers only see when in soft switch mode. switch, switch on and off modes was not working, just seem to pressed all the time.

Now i updated software and firmware to 20160818 version. pots still working, but buttons and rotary encoder doesn't seem to work. Actually on mmjoy, it seems all working but on Windows Game Controller, they all seems to be pressed (red lighted). no matters what button mode is it.

Ads_z.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

You need to specify both buttons of the encoder in the lower left column "Encoders:"

You have 1 and 2 below. They should be beside eachother.

Have a look here:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4287051/Re:_Building_the_ConTrollR...#Post4287051

Older version of MMJoy2, but you'll probably see what I mean.

Also, 20ms delay may be a bit short. But try it and see...

Remember to set "Timer off" to yes.

Thanks for your reply, but i cant realy solve this problem. Actually im really confused. Can you guys make a scheme for me on fritzing about how to connect an encoder(including internal button) and a couple of buttons together and connecting to Arduino Leonardo ? and mmjoy settings screenshot

I would really happy if you can :)

Edited by kutayxx

Yes i didnt add diodes for now. Its because it confuse me more :D and just for prototype, i didnt add diodes. But isnt it for avoid ghost button press ? i mean its working on mmjoy software but doesnt seem to work on Game Controllers. Im thinking there is a different problem.

and yes i read the all wiki

Edited by kutayxx

Anybody help ? Just a fritzing scheme please :(

If you follow Goblins link it will show you how to set mmjoy2 for buttons and encoders.

You need to add the diodes, the following link will show the wiring. For the enoders the diode points to the encoder or away if using a switch/button.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3899105/86

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

Its because it confuse me more :D and just for prototype, i didnt add diodes. But isnt it for avoid ghost button press ?

The diodes in this usage allow current only in one direction.

They are used in buttons matrix to avoid "ghost press", for few buttons is not critical.

But for encoder can make the difference, so better don't try "reinvent the wheel" and follow tested recipes.

Ok, I dont have any diode but i will buy asap. But the main topic is,

Buttons or encoders actually ''WORKING'' on software. I mean computer perceive it. When i press a button or rotate encoder, hardware buttons section red lighted.

BUT, problem is on the Windows Game Controllers as i said before.

When i connect just a single button, just one button to board; same problem. Mmjoy sees it, but Windows doesnt.

Ok, I dont have any diode but i will buy asap. But the main topic is,

Buttons or encoders actually ''WORKING'' on software. I mean computer perceive it. When i press a button or rotate encoder, hardware buttons section red lighted.

BUT, problem is on the Windows Game Controllers as i said before.

When i connect just a single button, just one button to board; same problem. Mmjoy sees it, but Windows doesnt.

Try clearing sets and starting again. Make sure you map the correct hardware button to the software button and leave 'mode' as default '------------'. Also make sure the correct controller is highlighted and the joystick shows blue before uploading to your board.

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.