DCS Warthog HOTAS Profiles by Polaris & Schnix

Yea, thank you Polaris1, I am slowly getting it (i think). Thanks for you guys patience and help. Being new to the game, it was overwhelming with the new terms and more so correlation of them. I thought lever was a game function ; ) Will go through the thread again before next question, now should have better context to make more connection. Mahalo !

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All good buddy, this can be a very intimidating sim to get into initially but it's very very rewarding once you start to know your way around the aircraft and start to figure out how to employ it effectively.

If you get stuck with anything else just ask, we've got a great community that has a huge amount of knowledge and experience here :)

Happy flying.

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

The old saying goes there are no stupid questions... ;)

The file is a folder which contains several files and it's all wrapped together in a .RAR format which you need an RAR to open with.

None of which is a .url file.

jgVplRQ.png

The reason that Windows is trying to open your .rar file using Explorer is because you probably doesn't have a RAR or ZIP extractor installed. If I may suggest one, try Bandizip. It works fine with several types of compressed files, and is free (and light and has a nice interface too).

If you already has a program "X" capable to handle compressed files (like .rar or .zip files), then you need to "reset" the link between these kinds of files and Explorer. Best way to do this is to right click on the link to download the .rar containing the profiles, "save as" into some folder (to avoid Explorer trying to open it right away) and then right click the file and "open with...", pointing to your program "X", also clicking the "always use this program" option, so Windows remembers it next time.

Note: if you download and install Bandizip, it will assign all supported extensions (.zip, .rar, etc) automagically during installation, so you'll just need to double click the file after downloading it and it will open on Bandizip, allowing you to extract contents.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

I just got my warthog and had this profile ready to go, however after following the directions step by step the binds don't match up to what is in the graphical layouts. The trim button on the stick is set to a view hat and I can't get the pinky lever to work as a "shift" even after adding it as a modifier. This is in the A-10C module, I have others but am trying to get the a-10 setup first. Did I do something wrong? I have tried deleting the a-10c folder in user/saved games/dcs/config/input and pasting the one from the warthog folder and the problem is still there.

Interesting.

I think you're missing some simple step.

Please try the following...just delete the A-10C files within the input folder while DCS is closed.

Then reopen > get into the input setting > assign anything to any HOTAS switch or whatever > close DCS > replace the A-10C files within the input folder with the ones from the package > add the "Lever" step.

It should work now.

jgVplRQ.png

• 2 months later...

fter latest win10 update cant launch Warthog T.A.R.G.E.T. software

Hi all...can somebody tell me how to launch target script profile without launching it through TARGET sofware...i.e. maybe through command prompt...Reason why i ask this is that after latest WIN 10 update i cant launch both TM warthog GUI utility or TARGET software...It always cashes with error TARGETScriptEditor has stopped working....Tried launching in compatibility, or as admin but can't get it to work.

I have all the latest drivers (AMD drivers etc etc)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!

Thank you for your work around Hotas Warthog Profiles.

The v.10 update is really great.

Could you add a Profile for the M-2000c, please.

I have some problems to configure my Throddle and Joystick.

Thanks again. Great job.

Thanks !

As for your request:

"**There are no planned updates at the moment other than fixes to ver 10".

jgVplRQ.png

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't flight sim'ed for several years - Instead I have been simracing so my computer has a TM T500 wheel and pedals connected. When I try to use the profiles in this thread, they assign the buttons to the wheel and not to my new TM Warthog HOTAS. Of course I can disconnect the wheel, but is there another workaround?

Side question (And outside the topic here): Is it possible to use the TM race pedals as temp rudder pedals?

If you go into the control setup, you'll see a column for your wheels, you need to clear out the entire column.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I haven't flight sim'ed for several years - Instead I have been simracing so my computer has a TM T500 wheel and pedals connected. When I try to use the profiles in this thread, they assign the buttons to the wheel and not to my new TM Warthog HOTAS. Of course I can disconnect the wheel, but is there another workaround?

Side question (And outside the topic here): Is it possible to use the TM race pedals as temp rudder pedals?

I guess there is a way but it has to do with your own Window's definition of he controllers you use.

It has to do with the assigned priority/ Number (1, 2, 3...).

Just search and play around with their settngs till you find the right Window definition.

Or...you can just unplug just one USB before you fly DCS...

As for the pedals..,I don't know.

jgVplRQ.png

Thx, Polaris. Is the priority reflected the order they are shown in the list in DCS? For me they are listed HOTAS throttle, T500 wheel, HOTAS stick. And could you point me to where I fix the priority?

I don't think the priority matches the order within DCS and I don't know for sure.

As for messing with Window's controller specific assignments...never messed with it personally because I never had an issue.

You can search for tools online or maybe change the controllers' lua files.

Good luck :)

jgVplRQ.png

• 3 weeks later...

Version 2.0

I am new to DCS World and have only installed version 2.0 with the Nevada Terrain. I tried following these directions for 2.0 but cannot locate the directories outlined in the instructions. Is there an alternative method for version 2.0 that I should be following or is this package only compatible with version 1.5? Thank you!

I am new to DCS World and have only installed version 2.0 with the Nevada Terrain. I tried following these directions for 2.0 but cannot locate the directories outlined in the instructions. Is there an alternative method for version 2.0 that I should be following or is this package only compatible with version 1.5? Thank you!

Gulf76,

Since I don't have 2. Installed I can not help you here.

Though...since so many have been downloading the package I was sure it is also used with 2.

jgVplRQ.png