[DCSW: Mi-8MTV2] English Cockpit Mod

Okay; I was going to release v1 last night, but I didn't count ALPHA images. So, I've just completed finally. It's 06:20 here. :)

Versin 1 is released! Some corrections have been made and "glow effect" (for night light view - Alpha Image) came back. I hope you'll like it, because I really like it.

Please check the 1st post. :cheer3nc:

Thank you. :)

Thank you! Incredible how dedicated you are with this! :-D

But ... uhm, how are the chances that we can also get those grey panel backgrounds? :o)

Edited by Flagrum

Thanks! Downloading now!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hello dear Devrim ;)

WOW, a great thanks for this new upgrade It's a real Master Piece :thumbup:

Congratulation for this awesome and amazing work, with this version you help all the guys (like me) who don't speak the Russian langage :clap_2:

Once again for the gift and this sharing, Bye Skull :worthy:

• Like 1

These scans are bigger than I'd hoped for, but I'm not sure how much detail is helpful and where it's just too much. Anyway, here are the ones that I've got so far:

EDIT: Yeah, they are kinda big, when I get a chance I'll probably rescan them at a lower resolution...and maybe in black and white instead of color...

EDIT 2: Okay they are wayyyy too big, so just links for now and I'll make thumbnails when I get a chance.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Edited by AlphaOneSix

Thank you all. :)

EDIT: Wow! Thank you AlphaOneSix. They're "great". :)

...But ... uhm, how are the chances that we can also get those grey panel backgrounds? :o)
Last time I thought I understood. But obviously I didn't. :)

Check the thumbnails. They may not right example about what you mean. So, I think you'd better to provide a screenshot for example?

devrim_SS1.jpg.4a8fcb6265493709f51e596b33d542fb.jpg

devrim_SS2.jpg.c825d13dcc6e6a4c73528a659c4947a4.jpg

Edited by Devrim

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Devrim its up to you but I would just follow A-1-6 and make this as true as you can without others asking for things that take it away from that its your mod but could see it getting the official stamp if kept true.

Anyway great job buddy!

Edited by TimeKilla
<3

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

Could you provide a screenshot for example?

attachment.php?attachmentid=88635&stc=1&d=1380375441

What I meant was this:

A: "russian" style green-blue or turquoise

B: dark grey or almost black

C: light grey

If the panels that have now colour A could be painted grey. Perhaps that light grey of the rest of the cockpit © or probably better some darker grey (something between B and C)

Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-3.jpg.cb02ef5183b884c9d8b483698a68f8d1.jpg

@AlphaOneSix

Are you completely unfamiliar with rule 4.5 regarding bandwidth and image size?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

...If the panels that have now colour A could be painted grey. Perhaps that light grey of the rest of the cockpit © or probably better some darker grey (something between B and C)
Ooooh, are you talking about a cockpit mod? It's not related with this mod, English, translation, panels (by saying panel, I mean the front plate of devices and switch group) etc.

I'm afraid, I may not go for a complete cockpit mod. Sorry buddy.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Ooooh, are you talking about a cockpit mod? It's not related with this mod, English, translation, panels (by saying panel, I mean the front plate of devices and switch group) etc.

I'm afraid, I may not go for a complete cockpit mod. Sorry buddy.

Hm, okay. But one last question, for my understanding: is that a technical decision or an artistic decision? I.e. is a re-painting like I requested technically too different from changing the text like you did? Or is it just your decision as artist that you don't want to change too much, to keep the look of the cockpit as "true" as possible?

Actually it takes too long time for me. It needs harder work than what I do for this mod. And there're guys who good at artistic works, like Ricardo.

Not re-painting, just changing color of panels in Photoshop may be easier and an alternative way to do this. But honestly I prefer someone to do this.

And, yes - I think Russian blue-ish color fits on Mi-8. Completely black cockpit seems very dark and bad in my imagine. :)

I'd like to help you, but I may not able to allocate enough time for a cockpit mod.

Sorry pal...

Actually it takes too long time for me. It needs harder work than what I do for this mod. And there're guys who good at artistic works, like Ricardo.

Not re-painting, just changing color of panels in Photoshop may be easier and an alternative way to do this. But honestly I prefer someone to do this.

And, yes - I think Russian blue-ish color fits on Mi-8. Completely black cockpit seems very dark and bad in my imagine. :)

I'd like to help you, but I may not able to allocate enough time for a cockpit mod.

Sorry pal...

It's allright mate. It was just an idea, not really that important. I just thought, changing the color could be easy with some photoshop magic. :o)

Much more important from a usability aspect is that the labels are now readable and understandable. Once again, thank you for that!

I think Russian blue-ish color fits on Mi-8. Completely black cockpit seems very dark and bad in my imagine

Hello,

I think like Devrim, the real Mi-8 is blue and to have a black cockpit its not real, sorry...

Bye, Skull.

Thank you very much Devrim for your hard work. I'm really enjoying your mods and use them all the time.

Just registered to say that ;)

Bye

Oh, thank you Jwam. :)

...Devrim, the latest version looks great,many thanks.
Thanks Toby. :)

Ka50 comes in both colours for production, not just for the game.

Black and in Blue.

The blue photo reminds me that I miss flying with Ka-50. :)

Hey Flagrum; I don't give promise. But I'll try something. Give me time; If I don't like the work, I'll stop doing it.

Do not expect a work in thesame quality of Ricardo's art. :D

See you. :)

Oh, thank you Jwam. :)

Thanks Toby. :)

The blue photo reminds me that I miss flying with Ka-50. :)

Hey Flagrum; I don't give promise. But I'll try something. Give me time; If I don't like the work, I'll stop doing it.

Do not expect a work in thesame quality of Ricardo's art. :D

See you. :)

Thank you so much!:clap_2::notworthy:

But really do it only if you have fun doing it. I mean, hey, it's a hobby and supposed to be fun!

That's right. :)

I did something, but this is easy and cheaper way to do that. Please check the thumbnails.

But, I must say that, DTX1 is reducing the image quality (DTX5, too). If I save it with DTX444, 555 or 565 16bit types, unfortunately DCS doesn't recognize it (blank black areas).

The thumbnail images can be seen nice. But in-game if you zoom enough, you can see the lower quality of the gray area... Anyway; I'm working on it...

Screen_130929_174258.thumb.jpg.2eb9f689fded563345826b6dc1da7c2f.jpg

Screen_130929_174309.thumb.jpg.5093ab1b5da582767fe1e86ac85a3221.jpg

Wow! :D I want that t-thirt! :D

Thanks buddy. :)

By the way, I figured out how not to reduce the quality. Everything is OK.

I keep working on it.