MP Mission: Operation Hacienda

I can also confirm the tanker problem, havnt flown this particular mission yet... But it has for sure happened to Grimes and myself in other missions on more than one occasion. I will fraps the next time it happens. It certainly is not a myth. I didnt think anything of it during the times it has happened, as I figured it was an already known issue. Will fraps the next time it happens

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

Ralfi from the discussion it appears you were following a meaningless civilian convoy north. Mission not "bugged, you just lost the plot.

Indeed there a few groups of civilian vehicles and one might have passed the embassy/USMC/Humvees convoy at some point traveling in the opposite direction. You need to look at the mission maps and read the briefings. It's quite clear what the objectives of the mission are, the convoy route of the Embassy personnel/ Marines is shown precisely as it travels. There are also flight plan steerpoints along the route, and the convoy calls at each checkpoint. There are some civi convoys in the mission to model the "exodus" of civilians briefed. This was common in Kosovo and a challenge for the A-10s and F-16s and something I wanted to purposely simulate. However, mistaking civilian busses and cars for TOW Humvees is not something I call help. Indeed, the convoy is also clearly shown on the TAD at all times (EPLRS). You can even hook them on the TAD at any time...should never lose them.

As for the map, why not print it out?... Solved your alt-tab issue right there.

Flew it tonight with 5 others and will be making a few minor fixes...will post in next few days.

I have 3 eye witnesses for when it happened resulting in mission failure.

It's not the civilian convoy I am referring to.

Next time, I will screen shot it for you Joy, but since it seems nobody else is having that issue, then I will just presume that it was an isolated incident that is not prone to repeating itself. Perhaps a bridge got taken out or something weird happened.

Well in anycase, looking forward to the bug fixes you have planned, since as I said, I am only being slightly picky because we loved the mission. It is simple enough in it's design and we will be flying it again sometime along our long schedule of missions on the list.

Good work either way.

Have to agree on the tanking bug. Almost every time I have refuelled in MP we have had the tanker not switch to the new callsign. Has happened in various missions.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Perhaps a bridge got taken out or something weird happened.

Yep, thought of this last night as a possibility after i responded. If a bridge on the route (there is one near Alpha) happened to go out, there isnt another option south. The AI would have to pick another route could go north, which would probably not end well.

FWIW, we flew it yesterday and were fairing well, then the convoy got picked apart by a BTR-80 between CP alpha and bravo. Literally sliced through four vehicles it in about 30 seconds. TOW humvee couldnt reload fast enough. We could see the tracers but no time. It was our bad though...the BTR was just off the route ahead and we'd gotten focused much further west when a MANPAD near the airport took a couple of shots at a wingman. We were doing well...but...can't win 'em all.

That may well have been the same BTR that gave us the same end result. Did Badger make a TIC call or anything when the BTR engaged?

I usually make a switched condition -> on unit damage -> radio call. You can add a couple of flags to vary the TIC calls made too. At least this way you can take your eyes off em for a second or two.

Would be nice to be able to have convoy take cover whilst they wait for assistance but know how heavy and tedious the ME can be to do this. One for the wishlist.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Druid...even worse, the convoy had just called out contact with a zu-23 to the east and then 10 seconds later gets ambushed from the BTR to the south. I moved that particular BTR group to they wouldn't have line of sight at that particular time, but will randomize it a bit more too. Will play with the switched condition - good tip.

We just tried to fly this. It was originally with 4 but were down to two after one shoot down and one guy had to leave. We'd also not printed out the maps and me and someone else had real difficulty tanking. (Incompetence, by the time I was done the next guy who had never tanked before couldn't get in before the tanker turned and then couldn't be bothered though we did run into no one could get more than 7500lb and the wrong callsign.) My idea to split up and have two secure the airfield and two help the embassy went wrong as well when they both left/crashed. The entire convoy was lost before the first corner. :( It was a great mission though. We'll give it another shot sometime.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

• 4 weeks later...

Bastard T-55... hid himself beside two buildings just round the first corner...

Once them Humwees rolled out, popped them like cherries one by one...

Love the AAR part...

And of course, the silent retreat from the battlefield, with one engine shrapnelled, floating under the cloud ceiling with the sun blistering through in the distance...

Great mission... :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What a fantastic looking mission, Joy, possibly the most accomplished I've ever seen. Makes me sad that I'm not flying with you guys any more to experience it, as it is definitely a squadron-level .miz. Also, I'm about five teeth-grinding hours away from being able to tank.

I downloaded your mission just to be able to learn from it in the ME.

Great! Can't wait to try the v2. Glad you lessened the stress, by not requiring AAR :thumbup:

Now that I got another friend lured into the DCS Flightsim den, I must train him quickly to be combat ready. Than we can get this on with a three flight.

Thanks again for one of the most immersing and realistic missions I ever flew. The briefing material alone is awesome... :notworthy:

Any chance you have another one up your sleeve?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Any chance you have another one up your sleeve?

Funny you should ask. Just finished (literally) "Operation Talon's Reach". It's a monster. Been working on it for six months and a ton over the past few weeks. A few more test runs and i'll be posting it. A bit more sophisticated in terms of scripting and logic, but same flavor as my previous missions (aka CAS, co-op, realism).

And AAR is available, but not necessarily mandatory ;-)

And AAR is available, but not necessarily mandatory ;-)

Great news! Yeah I know I suck at AAR and I can't find enough free time to concentrate on mastering it. Getting better and better at formation flying, but whenever I fly AAR I end sverving from wing to wing behind the tanker.

Why can't I see the Indication lights on the belly of the tanker? I had the idea, lately. Just concentrate on the "christmas tree" and hold correct position... I can't even see it properly. :cry:

Looking forward to your next mission. Eager to try it out. Keep up your brilliant work :thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)