Uuuuaaaah..! I have started building now..!

Triggerhappy69

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..that warm fuzzy feeling...

Cool stuff Trig.

WTF, why the wait.:P

.. I so agree with you.. We have a section for it already on our forum at

http://www.vvs504.co.uk ..! So speaking only for myself, I guess I just hadn't thought about it before now.? But that will change fellow Squad Comrades.. But I'll never leave the beloved Bomber Wing.. :thumbup:

Nice jobb trigger, will be cool to see the finle result

.. Thatnx Tek' Personally I think it looks like a piece of semi-square turd right now (laughing nervously while looking at the floor). But I thought if I started a thread from beginning, not only will I be forced to make this good, but maybe someone else will also start building..? And then I wouldn't feel quite so geeky..!

I think 99.99% are thinking along those line's.

Lots of ooo's and aaaahs and the occasional WTF inderspersed with please please please work and one or two ( I pray not) the dreaded Blue screen.........DOH F***,F*** F************K

AND one or two sitting in there top class pits soaring in cloud 9,

I am so green with envy.:smilewink:

.. FLAAASK..! How about starting an Apache cockpit on two seater config mate.. Damn that would just be the coolest.. Although I dread thinking of all the wiring and LUA/SIOC programming.. Brrrrr,...:cry:

Ah....The nice kozy feeling of being surrounded by squadmates.. It's a thing of beauty.. Don't you think..?

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cool that you asked right now, since I am working on then as we speek..!

[ATTACH]75[/ATTACH]

The push buttons will be made out of a 20x20mm square tube of plastic cut to the appropriate hight. And I'll connect them to some cheap microswitches I bought from RS Components...

Between the bottom plate and the button I'll just jam some foam or a spring (most likely a square piece of foam) to make them spring back into place as the switch has a spring inside it as well..

I'll make a better picture and post later today..

Can anyone say, if there an english version of this tool for IOCard?

http://www.3rd-wing.net/index.php?showtopic=5688&hl=LOSIOC

english LOSIOC..

Can anyone say, if there an english version of this tool for IOCard?

http://www.3rd-wing.net/index.php?showtopic=5688&hl=LOSIOC

YES THERE IS..:thumbup:

I spent some time last winter translating it from french to english myself. I'll see if I can't find it and either post it here, or PM to you..

[ATTACH]86[/ATTACH]

It just a packed file that you unpack. And run the "Editeur LOSIOC v1.06.hta" program..

After that it's make so simple that anyone can auto-produce the .los file for SIOC and the export.lua file.. (because it does it for you..)

Have fun..!:smilewink:

Editor LOSIOC US v1.06.rar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Panels..

Triggerhappy69, How are the Panels pursued then?

Heu Grandsurf.. :smartass:

To be honsest I haven't even started on them yet. But as soon as I come up with an idea for the 3-way switches to be buildt and have something to fit them om I'll be on it.

But I guess I'll use the same method that I usen with the WSCP for the Su-25.

[ATTACH]87[/ATTACH]

As you can see it's made of a backplate of alumium, then some 8mm plexy with holes cut out for text backlighting (on this one I was going to have the active function reconised by what text got lit up by the LED behind it. Lot'sa SIOC programming that I never got around to do). Then the text laserprintet on paper, and laminated between another 1mm sheet of plexi. Lastly I sealed all egdes with some black paint to keep the light inside of it.

[ATTACH]88[/ATTACH]

See... the LED thing actually worked well..

[ATTACH]89[/ATTACH]

But there was a whole bunch of them needed (as well as 2 rotary switches, 3 two-way switches and a variable potensiometer that would controll the angle of the SPPU)

But this time I'll have the benefit of a in-house CnC Milling machine to get all the parts exact..:pilotfly:

640222231_WSCPAssembly(6).jpg.07e075703271ea6eee845913c00096b9.jpg

1939082405_WSCPLED01.jpg.1902ae78961321c7ed0bb4a67b692e29.jpg

200403376_WSCPAssembly(4).jpg.a4f70df61eaca3ba5d59b36f184bc5f3.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.. FLAAASK..! How about starting an Apache cockpit on two seater config mate.. Damn that would just be the coolest.. Although I dread thinking of all the wiring and LUA/SIOC programming.. Brrrrr,...:cry:

quote]

Yea about a mile of wiring:)

Id much prefer to watch and admire,keep it up mate I am dying to see the finished product, mind you remember ED will be producing a new add on every nine months,so keep the frog formost.:thumbup:

quote]

Yea about a mile of wiring:)

Id much prefer to watch and admire,keep it up mate I am dying to see the finished product, mind you remember ED will be producing a new add on every nine months,so keep the frog formost.:thumbup:

ED's gift to us in form of FC's frog will always be one step from my heart.. This is my 1st complete pitbuild. So maybe the next will be a frog with a fully functional cockpit.. dreaming..:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

..Oh sanding... Oh sanding..

If I never see a piece of sandpaper again in my life, it will be a good thing..!

I have tried several different (and what I hoped would be easyer) ways to get the front of the seat looking "sort of" like the real thing.. And this is my progres since last post..

[ATTACH]104[/ATTACH]

As you can see, it has been a looong sanding prosess..!

[ATTACH]105[/ATTACH]

But I fell that with a bit of filler and some more sanding to get the arches right, it will have something resembling the front of the k-27.

[ATTACH]107[/ATTACH]

If you look close you will notice a black line drawn on the top of the profiled corner. This is where I will remove the excess wood to give the impresion that it's just one thin plate rounding the corner off..

So onwards and forwards.. Time to bring out the trusty old hand router and fill the room with fine wood-dust.. AGAIN..!:cry:

Also I have rebuildt the front pedestal.. more on that later..:smartass:

Edited later: By The Way guys..! Anyone have a clue about what this "pocket" on the ejection seat actually is for..? I know I don't, but I would like to..! Ideas anyone..?

488213893_BuildingtheKa-50Cockpit(21).jpg.00c0d5a261682916f686d0304ec06a3d.jpg

1924873240_BuildingtheKa-50Cockpit(22).jpg.ffeea351d2d96cd0d03cc0a0ec764377.jpg

332702517_BuildingtheKa-50Cockpit(23).thumb.jpg.d67494d93865503cbd46420af5c2a569.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...Pitbuild update 03.november 2007...

Todays update..

Only Pictures as of now.. I'll elaborate on it later..

[ATTACH]118[/ATTACH]

.. Yes..! That is me grinning here..!

[ATTACH]119[/ATTACH]

Seat back might seem a bit high, but I'll make a temporary seat-cushion tomorow and see if it needs to be lowered a bit.

[ATTACH]120[/ATTACH]

Qiute pleased with the proportions now . I buildt new front lower panels tonight because the old ones were to long (or at least I thought they were..)

[ATTACH]121[/ATTACH]

The setup without me in it.. Another thing I'll start tomorrow is to make the floor...

[ATTACH]122[/ATTACH]

The new Left front lower panel ready for the fuel cut-off and rotorbrakes handles..

Well that's all for today folks.. More updates tomorrow if all goes well. My plan for tomorrow is:

1. Make a seat cushion, and check the hight if the seat backside.

2. Start making the "floor" and designing the pedals.

3. Make a new upper frontpanel (the angles are not right, and I need to make room for monitors to project the instruments on).

4. Start working on the Collective stick. (Obviously I need to do this after making the seat cushion).

:cry:

1026458325_BuildingtheKa-50Cockpit(24).thumb.jpg.52702d71f65b3b8cb967a091a731e408.jpg

1725012653_BuildingtheKa-50Cockpit(25).thumb.jpg.428c66c72a70febb6c5d0f80695b2cdb.jpg

423952466_BuildingtheKa-50Cockpit(26).thumb.jpg.cc81cd67cc5c189c6ecffb4aef3a09c8.jpg

415667060_BuildingtheKa-50Cockpit(28).jpg.facb707faf30b0473714a84a0563ee09.jpg

1618371576_BuildingtheKa-50Cockpit(30).jpg.639cc7bed383224adcb4c5a7263fcdf7.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Panel planning

.. started planning the layout for the right lower panel now..:music_whistling:

It will use some cheap 10x10mm push-buttons I have ordered from RS Components. And they will have a 15x15x14mm piece of plexyglass glued on top of them. Then a print of the selective button, followed by a 15x15x2mm plexy-glass piece glued on top.

A 6mm hole will be made in the bottom piece to let the incorporated LED in each button light up the buttons text. And the sidewalls will be painted black to avoid light escaping through the sides.

[ATTACH]128[/ATTACH]

The 7-segment displays are 12,3x19mm and cost next to nothing. And it all will be controlled by my cards from Opencockpits..

[ATTACH]129[/ATTACH]

1385722438_pushbutton15x15mm.jpg.e6a8e7acb8bdb8f6e8f9e33589dcc2ea.jpg

1826262620_rightlowerpaneltop.jpg.a28c8ee06aae7f3756802a6e8f6a7c7b.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

KA-50 Collective almost done

... Just waiting is boring. So I took the time to finish the Collective drawings.

It's made from of the shelf parts, apart from the switch-box.. Pics as soon as the paint dries..!

[ATTACH]190[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]191[/ATTACH]

2047805066_ka-50collectivestick01.jpg.ae08d9fd354e08dcc4fb6e28aa97689b.jpg

1966855695_ka-50collectivestick02.jpg.f5d8b9b7c860bc39d3defd18fe35c14e.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 Hat switch to slew search/landing lights and one to select the external wapon hardpoints i think - "get real" ;).

Actually i meant something else. Not the function of the button, but the type of switch. I'm using for my hat button a joystick switch from http://www.conrad.de

part nr.: 705178 - 62. It works well and has tactile feedback (you feel a click), but there might be some better alternatives with a shorter actuation range. The one from conrad has a travel of 8°, which is okay, but it could be a little less.